《C H A P T E R F O U R T E E N》

Kiara's POV

Kiara's outfit for her day at the office

I was a running later than I would want on a normal day but after Hannah went to sleep I continued to work until three so I had three and a half hours of sleep at most.

I was running down the stairs and I saw Hannah sitting at the breakfast bar. She was reading emails it looked like she was very much calm and in her zone.

I ran by them in the dining room and said , 'Good morning Hannah and my godbaby.'

She smiled at me and said, 'Hey.'

I ran into the kitchen and said, 'Morning Liam.'

He nodded and said, 'Morning Miss Kiara, I am aware you are not on schedule and so I made you a cream cheese bagel and a takeaway strawberry and lime smoothie. '

I smiled thankfully and said, 'Thanks Liam, you are the best. '

I picked up the takeaway breakfast and ran towards the garage because I was driving myself. I picked the new Maserati SUV and jumped into the drivers seat and I was on my way.

Kiara's brand new car

I was driving very fast trying to get there before Marcello. It was just a subconscious race we always had. I arrived at the office and ran through the lobby going towards the private elevator and I got into the elevator. I hadn't spared anyone a look but I'm sure everyone could tell that I was in a hurry.

My phone started ringing and it was an unknown number. I don't usually answer unknown numbers but something told me this was Kieran. I answered and I said, 'This is Kiara Dempsey.'

I heard Kieran's deep and velvety voice and he said, 'Hi Kiara.'

I smiled and said, 'Hey Kieran.'

I heard him sigh and he said, 'If you knew how much restraint it took to wait this long to call you.'

I smiled and walked out of the elevator and I said, 'Well then why did you wait so long?'

I could hear the smile in his voice and he said, 'I didn't want to seem desperate and chase you away.'

I laughed and said, 'Well you aren't desperate and you wouldn't chase me off, I wanted you to call me too.'

He hummed and said ,'Well I'm happy to hear that, so how about we meet up for dinner today?'

I hummed and said ,'I'll think about it.'

Kieran paused for a little bit and said ,'I'm not happy with that answer. I'm coming to pick you up for dinner tonight from your house.'

I couldn't help but find the confidence very attractive and I said ,'What happened to the shy guy who was scared to call me earlier because he didn't want to scare me off?'

He said ,'He is still here but he doesn't want to risk you thinking too much and deciding you don't want to so please can I see you for dinner tonight?'

I walked into my office, paused for a bit and said ,'Okay Kieran, it's a date.'

He paused and with a tinge of joy in his voice he said ,'Yeah it's a date.'

I laughed and said ,'Okay bye Kieran I'm at work now.'

He laughed and then said ,'Bye princesa.'

It had been almost three hours of non stop working and I was really focussed. Andrew and I were really efficient and we worked very well together. We were already way ahead on our work and today we were going round to check that the rest of the Financial Department was doing their jobs well.