《C H A P T E R T H I R T Y - N I N E》

Kiara's POV

Kiara's outfit of the day

Today Kieran had woken up quite serious and I had no idea why. He was not talking too much, there was definitely something going on in his head but he had come to tell me we were going somewhere when I was done showering getting ready for the day. One thing about Kieran he tells me in advance if he has premeditated plans for us.

His tenseness started almost three days ago but today it's elevated so I'm curious. I don't know what it is about and I have no clue, I thought it was about us maybe but I got my forehead kiss, whisper good morning and I love you before he went to work out. Kieran also has very strong healthy relationship practices like he insists on us not going to sleep before we talk about an argument or fight we are having.

Just a week we got into a little argument and we were in bed about to sleep and he was tossing and turning till he finally sat up and we talked about it. Sometimes it takes times for Kieran to really express how he is feeling in relation to anger, guilt and that had caused our foght but we got up and talked about it and I had just been in awe because he really could not sleep, full on tossing and turning.

Kieran was waiting for me in the foyer so we coukd leave to this mystery location and if I'm honest I was pretty nervous now too. We were driven to the tarmca and when I asked where we were headed he sinply said we have an appointment in Barcelona woth someone.

We had been sitting and I had a glass of champagne to try calm my nerves but that didn't really help ease my mind. Kieran had received a call almost as soon as we took off and he had been on a business call for the entire flight. During the flight he came from the desk on the private jet to check on me twice, sweet as always.

When we landed he ended the business call and I was led to a car by Kieran alone and we were now driving somewhere. As he was driving he had his hand on his chin, his jaw ticking and his hand on the wheel tightly telling me he was definitely stressing right now. I put my hand in his and gave it a sort of squeeze in comfort he turned to me and gave me a smile then took my hand nicely with the one he wasn't driving with.

I let out a breathe and then he cleared his throat as we pulled into a gate. I turned to face him and he said, 'I've been thinking about the conversation we had at the firepit, a few weeks ago. '

I nodded and he parked then faced me, 'This is a foster home I used to volunteer here while I was in school here in Barcelona for a bit. We are here because this a gesture of mine, I know nothing in the world can make up for what my parents did and I will carry that with me forever.'

Getting very emotional because of how heavy this weighed on Kieran I shook my head no and said, 'Kieran, it is not your fault.'

He shrugged and said, 'Maybe but that doesn't change what happened. This is my gesture to say we can still have children which I know you want so much and I want that for us too. We can adopt, use surrogacy, there are so many medical procedures we can try. Even if you don't want children anymore I'll respect that. I guess what I'm trying to say is I don't want my parents to have ruined something you have always wanted and something I want with you. '

I hadn't even noticed but while Kieran was talking I had tears streaming down my face. I was so happy I had come bare faced and I took some tissue to try and pull myself together. Once I had dried my face, he said, 'Senora De Leon is head of the home and if you want she has offered for us to come in meet the kids, maybe even have a conversation with her. Do you want to go in?'

I sniffled, then nodded and he wiped my tears which just kept flowing. He chuckled and said, 'You're going to have to stop crying then princesa.'

I chuckled, stopped crying and he said, 'There is my smiling princesa.'

He came out and opened the car door for me and before we started walking I sniffled and asked him, 'Do I look fine?'

He looked at my face gave me a kiss on the forehead and said, 'You look fine baby.'

He paused then smiled, 'Beautiful.'

He took my hand again and we made our way to the door and he pressed the doorbell. There was shouting inside the house then the door opened and there was an elderly woman standing there. As soon as she saw Kieran her eyes lighted up and she said, 'Kieran hijo, es tan bueno verte.' (Kieran son, it's so good to see you)

They shared a hug and I smiled softly at the interaction and he said, 'Sra. De Leon, es bueno verte también.' (Mrs De Leon, it's good to see you too)

She turned to me with the warmest smile amd she said, 'Debes ser Kiara, la esposa?'(You must be Kiara, the wife)

Kieran translated for me and I smiled with a nod, kind of flushing at the fact that Kieran was calling me his wife to people, he had done the same thing at the restaurant. Mrs De Leon switched over to English and led us to the backyard where she had told us all the children were playing. We stood at the door and I was hugging Kieran's arm watching the children run about. The children were laughing as they played around and there was just positive energy here. They all looked very happy.

Mrs De leon had then taken us to the nursery where she said she had two children in the nursery. The entire home was in amazing condition and the children were well taken care of and that's when I found out Kieran was a sponsor of the home. I was listening as they spoke about what the home needed and I could tell Mrs De Leon really appreciated what Kieran had done and she really loved these children. Kieran was also very interested in the home, what can be improved.

We walked into the nursery and there was a baby who could not even be four months old in a crib sleeping. I let go of Kieran's hand and walked to stand by the crib. Mrs De Leon came and stood next to me, 'He was left at the gate, a mere  few hours after he was born with a birth certificate but it had no names of parents. I think he can sense that he was abandoned and does not really trust or like anyone for that matter. When people pick him up he screams on the top of his lungs. It's very heartbreaking I know he is just a baby but there is definite trauma there. '

I felt so much pain for him, I sniffled and answered, 'What's his name?'

She was smiling looking at him and said, 'Andres Alejo are his first and second name.'

He woke up and as soon as his eyes opened he was screaming, crying. Andres had the brightest blue eyes, a tear slipped out of my eyes again, I was just a mess today. I turned to Kieran and he wrapped his arm around me rubbing my arm up and down. Mrs De Leon said, 'You can try pick him up, maybe he will take a liking to you.'

I looked at her for confirmation and she gave me a nod of encouragement. I picked up little Andres and began shushing him while he was in my arms and a minute later he was quiet looking at me and my heart was pounding. It was not a good idea for Kieran to bring me here because I had just fallen in love with this little boy.

Mrs De Leon excused herself and left the room. Kieran put his finger for the baby and Andres grabbed onto it tight and I awwed. We were quiet for a little bit just fascinated by Andres who was enjoying playing with Kieran's finger. Kieran sighed and I looked up at him and he had the sweetest smile on his face and he said, 'Well we were just played by Mrs De Leon weren't we?'

I chuckled and said, 'Seems like it.'

It was quiet for a little bit, Kieran tickled Andres which made him burst out giggling and Kieran said, 'I don't mind it at all.'

In that moment with Andres and Kieran my heart was leaping. There was a lot of healing in that moment. He stood behind me and he had his chin on my shoulder as we watched baby Andres.