《C H A P T E R T H I R T Y - F O U R》

Kieran's POV

I had just landed in New York from the British Virgin Islands and I was going straight into my car to help in trying to find where Kiara is. Being away, I had felt so useless and as before I even called Carlos, I got on the jet and I was on my way to New York and called him while on the plane.

I had been coordinating with Carlos, Marc and Julien and my security team and so far we had no leads at all. I hoped being with my security team I would apply pressure and maybe I can figure this out. I had been trying to hack the cameras but it seemed like footage that might help had disappeared with absolutely no trace.

I had called Kiara last night to check on her and I was happy to talk to her then things took an extreme turn and she was being attacked. Kiara had sounded so calm on the call and I didn't want to freak her out by panicking but on the inside I was a mess and so scared, I felt like a headless chicken. If anything happened to Kiara, I would not be happy at all, I felt like I was going to go on a rampage at any second if I didn't get more information.

I started my car and I was driving out towards my house to join my security team and there was a call from Adam my head of security. I answered and he said, 'Sir, we have a lead. One of the helicopters your parents checked out of the hangar was tracked and it was in Long Island which was weird so we researched further it is at an abandoned warehouse on Long Island. '

I swore and said, 'Okay send me the location, meet me there. '

The call ended and as soon as I got the location I sent it to Carlos who called me and I said, 'We think we found her and if we are right, it's my parents. '

I heard movement and he said, 'Okay, we'll talk about that later Marc, John, Julien and I are on our way there. Do you think we need to bring back up?'

I said, 'No my security team is already on the way, I'll see you guys there.'

I sped up and I was now swerving in traffic, I couldn't bother about any tickets my priority was getting to Kiara. My parents had crossed a line and they were going to have hell to pay but I just needed to make sure Kiara was safe first. I was fuming before but now it was extreme, they took it too fucking far like they always do, the nerve of them.

I got to a turn and it looked like my security team had just got there and I said, 'We don't have much time we have to go.'

Adam came forward and said, 'The drone identified there are some cameras on the road to the warehouse and the helicopter was still there. I nodded and said, 'The priority is to find Kiara, we can always track the helicopter if they leave.'

I started the car and I was off driving, the team was following me and I got to the warehouse and ran into the warehouse. There were a few men on the way but they were easy to move out of my way. I got to the last door which was the only one I hadn't opened yet and when I opened the door I saw Kiara give a man an upper cut.

We made eye contact and I watched the last of her energy disappear and her eyes droop and she dropped onto her knees. I ran but managed to catch her body before she hit the ground, I got to her and carried her and started running towards my car. The security team was gathering up the guys but that was the last of my concerns. Adam ran along with me and said, 'Sir there is a suite waiting for Miss Dempsey at the hospital.'

I nodded, got her comfortable in the back seat and Carlos, Marc, Julien and John arrived. John came and I said, 'Sit with her at the back. There is a suite waiting for her at the hospital we have to go she blacked out.'

I got into the car and as soon as John was comfortable, I sped off towards the hospital. John was silent, and I kept looking through the mirror to see but she was passed out. We got to the hospital and there was a stretcher and team waiting as soon as we got there and they took her up.

I was about to follow and walk with the stretcher but John grabbed my collar and he said, 'If anything happens to her, you and I will have a real problem.'

He let go of me and made his way inside the hospital and I followed. We had been waiting outside the room and Kiara's parents, Marc, Julien, Carlos, Laura, Hannah, Noah and Amelie had come to join us. It was deathly silent and we were waiting for the doctor to come out.

The doctor walked out and he said, 'She passed out from exhaustion, she has a broken up and bruised ribs we will do a more detailed scan when she wakes up. You can go see her. '

I sighed in relief but I didn't want to go in so I sat down. Everyone else went inside and I walked down to the garden and called Adam he answered and said, 'Sir.'

I hummed and said, 'Where are they Adam?'

He took a second and said, 'They are still in New York. The helicopter is at the King hangar amd we are working on tracking them right now.'

I hummed and said, 'Make sure you find them and as soon as you know where they are tell me. They have hell to pay. '

I had been walking around and I finally sat down on a bench in the garden of the hospital and put my face in my hands. I have no idea what is going to come of this, maybe Kiara will realise that I am not worth all of this and I don't want to lose her.

I heard someone sit next to me and a throat cleared, I looked up and it was Mrs Dempsey. She smiled softly and said, 'You know she's awake now and she is waiting for you.'

I furrowed my eyebrows and said, 'She is?'

She hummed and said, 'She isn't waiting for any of us to walk through the door. Kieran I know you are probably thinking she doesn't want to see you but I know my daughter she wants to see you so go see her. '

I nodded and we were in the elevator and she said, 'One of these days we need to have a conversation about your family.'

I nodded and we got there and it looked like everyone was out of the room and I was about to walk into the room and Mrs Dempsey said, 'Kiara threw everyone out, talk to her.'

She gave my shoulder a squeeze and she got back into the elevator. I looked at the door for a long time then I knocked on the door and I heard her say come in. I opened the door and we made eye contact then she sat up and said, 'Hey.'

Her arm was in a sling and I noticed how she winced when she sat up. I went next to her bed and I said, 'Hi princesa, how are you feeling?'

She sighed and said, 'Tired and in pain. I just hope you aren't blaming yourself for your parents actions in any way. '

I kept quiet and I took her hand in mine and then the doctor came in. He looked serious and he said, 'Your results from the CT scan and MRI scan are back. '

The way the doctor said it worried me and he went on, 'You mentioned getting blows to your uterus and it turns out that you have uterine scarring. Now this is not a dead end it can be treated but considering you have inherited pregnancy difficulties it is a bit more complicated. The shape of your uterus makes it hard for a fertilized egg to implant. There are procedures to repair the uterine scarring but that was the other finding.'

I was paying attention to everything the doctor was saying because I could tell that Kiara had zoned out. When the doctor had mentioned the uterine scarring her hand had loosened in our hands that were together. I had no idea about her family's past complications with pregnancy and my parents had made it worse for whatever reason they had. I didn't care whatever they had to say, nothing in the world was going to justify what they did.

The doctor excused himself and walked out, I looked at Kiara's face and she was pale just blankly staring at a wall. I squeezed her hand and she turned to look at me but she seemed out of it. I didn't want to push her to say anything but I wanted her to know I was here for her.

She put her face in my chest and she started crying. I had seen Kiara cry of frustration but never of sadness and this was so disheartening and it made my guilt intensify. Kiara is a strong woman and her crying is something I hadn't experienced. I wrapped my arms around her and we were just quiet as she cried, I wasn't even aware but tears slipped out of my eyes as well. We cried together in that moment.

After almost two hours she had fallen asleep so I placed her on the bed so she could sleep comfortably. I walked out of the room and called Arthur and gave him a list of things to bring for Kiara.

As much as I wanted to make my parents pay that was a second priority to Kiara. As soon as Kiara was good not only physically but in a better place mentally I'll seek them out and make them pay.