《C H A P T E R T W E N T Y - N I N E》

Kiara's outfit for their night out at the race track

We had already had dinner and Kieran was with my dad and uncle again. They had been with Kieran before dinner until just before dinner when he needed to freshen up then right after dinner they had taken him away as well. Laura and Amelie were packing away their brand new clothes and shoes they had gone off this afternoon.

I was sitting with my mum and Aunt Adrienne in the tea room as they were having tea. I had told my mum about this afternoon and she said, 'I don't understand why you won't be mean to this girl she hasn't given you a reason not to be.'

Aunt Adrienne nodded and said, 'I've been telling her since high school but she doesn't want to listen.'

I looked at them and my mum said, 'Really some people don't deserve your kindness and this girl she has been torturing you since you guys were twelve it's riduculous it's been over a decade.'

I deadpanned at her and said, 'I just want to understand what made her hate me so much. Besides you told me in high school that I shouldn't entertain her.'

She nodded and said, 'Kiara sweetheart you won't get a justified answer I can tell you right now some people hate you for the sake of it. My point still stands, when you shut it down make sure that it's shut down so you never had to do it again that's not entertaining her.'

That made sense and I nodded at her, Aunt Adrienne shook her head and she said, 'I'm still disappointed in Ashton, I mean remember how much I vouched for him at that time. Remember you didn't even want to give him a chance and I gave him the benefit of the doubt I mean I even got you to give him the benefit of the doubt.'

I chuckled and I said, 'Aunt Adrienne, it was high school.'

She shrugged looking disappointed and said, 'Still, I had faith in that boy.'

I was sitting on my feet on the couch with my elbow on the side of the couch. I was playing with my hair just having this conversation. I missed my mum and aunt and I was just happy to be doing this.

My mum chuckled as well and she said, 'You know sweetheart your aunt and I have been talking and we really like Kieran.'

I smiled and said, 'I noticed at dinner mum, you guys really love him. I mean you were borderline badgering him.'

Aunt Adrienne nodded and said, 'He is such a sweetheart, I mean he really cares about you. I approve.'

I smiled and said, 'Thank you guys, I really need you guys to like him. That's a big thing.'

My mum nodded and said, 'Well we do and I  actually think he is endgame.'

That made me smile and I said, 'Trust me mum I hope he is endgame too. '

She smiled at me and said, 'Well I think your uncle and father hope so too.'

I stopped playing my hair, my eyes widened and I said, 'They like him?'