《C H A P T E R T W E L V E》

Kiara's POV

I had just made it into my office and I was getting a headache. I still had the meeting with the board members after lunch. I got started on work and started going through the financial ledgers so at lunch I could go sleep in my room.

I had finished going through two ledgers and Jamie walked in and said, 'Miss Dempsey I'm going for lunch would you like me to get you some lunch.'

I shook my head no and said, 'No thanks please just make sure no one comes to my office please.'

She nodded and left I got up and locked the door and went to the little room. I took a painkiller for my headache, I knew I had a headache because I hadn't been wearing my glasses as much as I'm supposed to be. I removed my beret and decided against sleeping and continued going through the financial ledgers. I had one left and so as soon as I finish this one, Andrew and I can work on the Architecture and Interior Design budget.

I finished the last ledger in ten minutes and I was now doing the budget for Architecture and Interior Design. I emailed the planned budget to Andrew just in case the board asked to see something today so a rough budget would be acceptable.

Almost seven minutes later I got a reply from Andrew and he said he was coming up. I put my head on my desk to breathe for a little but a few seconds later there was a knock. I sat up and said, 'Come in.'

The person tried to open the door but it didn't open. I said, 'Oops I'm sorry, please give me a second. '

I got up and did a run walk and unlocked the door and Andrew was there with his laptop. I opened the door for him and he walked in. I motioned for him to sit on the other side of my desk.

I took a seat on my chair and said, 'Mr Kyle I sent you that budget just incase the board wants to see something. It's not actually wanted till next week so you can go for lunch.'

He shook his head and said, 'It's okay I wasn't at lunch anyway.'

We started talking about the budget; the cap of the amount of money we were willing to give the marketing department for the Architecture and Interior Design, the amount of money needed for wages, provisional expenses, money the business will save having it's own architects and interior designers and all the other necessary details for the budget.

Andrew looked up and said, 'Don't you think we should widen the marketing budget a little bit since the Architecture and Interior Design Venture is still new?'

I shook my head and said, 'As much as it is a new venture it should not need that much money and besides giving the marketing department a lot of money will make them lazy.'

He was about to say something when my desk phone started ringing. I looked at the phone and picked it up. The person on the other side of the phone said, 'Good Afternoon Miss Dempsey, there is a Mr King here to see you can I let him up.'

I was a bit curious as to why Kieran was here so I said, 'Yes please let him up.'

The lady answered and said, 'Yes ma'am.'

I put the phone back down and said to Andrew, 'Yes?'

He shook his head and said ,'Oh yes, I was just going to say that the marketing pitch was a bit lazy they wanted to use Miss Kelly, Mr Grant and your success to attract customers but that's not very high quality. '

I nodded and said ,'That's true. They need to realise that there will already be projects coming in because of us, it was announced at the press conference.

I heard a knock on my door and I said ,'Come in.'

Kieran walked in and he made eye contact with Andrew who looked confused. I stood and went to Kieran and gave him a hug which he returned, I pulled away and said ,'This is Mr. Kyle he is the Deputy CFO of the company.'