《C H A P T E R S E V E N T E E N》

Kieran's POV

I was in a bit of a horrible mood after what happened last night. I had told her I knew because either way she was pushing me away, I had hoped if she saw how casual I was about knowing she wouldn't react as extremely but she did. The reaction wasn't completely like blow me over but I could read in her eyes that she was pushing me away and I was sure she intended for it to be permanent but it wasn't going to be.

Adonis Hamilton was a fellow CEO and one of my best mates, we went to University together and we had been pretty much friends since then. We had sort of just ended up being friends we were in the exact same classes and we were both honour students so it was kind if a given we became friends and very close friends at that as well.

There were eight people on planet earth who knew my secret that's Adonis, Xavier, my parents, my little brother and Ashton. My family knew because they sent me there to be trained with Ashton by his father who passed away, Adonis, Connor and Xavier had needed my help with something which meant I had to tell them back in University and Noah and Hannah they didn't know the extent only that I was trained very well.

Tonight Adonis and his girlfriend were coming to New York because his girlfriend was hosting and had planned a charity bake sale. Adonis mentioned that the bake sale was targetted at wealthy people and so Adonis was insisting that I came. I hadn't seen Adonis in almost two years and so as a result I hadn't met his girlfriend and so he made it clear that, 'I had to come so I could meet her.'

An inside source also by the name of Hannah had told me that Kiara had an outside meeting at two thirty and she would be back around three thirty and so I was going to ambush her then. I knew she wouldn't answer if I called or messaged she ran away from her problems, getting access to her is impossible without permission whether it's her house or her office so I had to catch her inbetween and that was the plan.

I had been sitting in the back of my Maybach working on some documents whilst waiting. I saw her car pull up to the front of her building and I got out of the car. I walked towards the car and Arthur someone who I had become friends with saw me and he let me open the door. I opened the door and got into the car, closed the door behind me and said, 'Hi Kiara.'

She looked at me wide eyed, I could tell she was tired because she didn't mask her emotions. She sighed and said, 'Kieran, what is going on?'

I looked at her and said, 'I'm not here to fight with you Kiara and trust me when I say I want to. '

She was listening to me so at least she cared so there was that. I scanned her face and she just looked tired and kind of troubled and I said, 'Look I have figured out that you like to run away from any type of complicated situation or any situation that didn't go the way you wanted and that's okay. I felt something there with us and I know that you felt it too. There is a charity bake sale tonight being hosted by one of my best mate's girlfriend and here is the address.'

Kiara took the piece of paper that had the address and the time that the bake sale was starting. She looked down at the paper then up at me, she looked adorable so I couldn't help myself and I leaned in for a kiss that we shared for a bit. I stopped and our faces were still close and I said, 'If you come then I'll know you are at least willing to have a conversation with me about everything and if not then I'll know what I need to know.'

I hadn't even noticed that we were holding hands but she noticed the same time I did and she let go of my hand. I opened the door and stepped out of the car and left the door open and I held my hand out so she could get down. She took my hand and stepped down, I shut the door and walked back to my car. I saw people staring out from her office building but ignored it and went into my car.