《C H A P T E R F O R T Y - T H R E E》

Kiara's POV

We had just landed in New York and it was good to be back. I was feeling slightly anxious about being back though,  I was just jumpy. Kieran had really made sure we were safe, we had more security protocol now and an even had a larger security team.

When we had landed the tarmac had five cars drive onto the tarmac and before we came out of the plane there had been a sweep. It was very thorough and it definitely did make me feel better and I was happy to have Kieran. Andres had slept his way through most of the flight and even though I had business to sort out Andres being comfortable and happy in New York was my number one priority right now. 

Every detail had been planned to perfection in terms of the new house and I was pretty excited to see it in person. We were passing by the office first then going straight home when I sorted out the one issue. I would be back at work on Monday since today is Friday.

Kieran and I had talked and we decided that if Andres hated it that much we would move back to Deia then maybe we'll try at a later rate. Kieran had incredible connections so us moving with Andres hadn't been as long of a process as it was meant to be. They sent people ahead to check how we lived to see if was good enough for Andres to live there. There was even research on all our friends and my cousins and they were cleared.

We arrived at the building and I looked up at the building having missed working in there. I gave Andres a kiss on his forehead and he was giggling in Kieran's arms. Kieran gave me a look and said, 'You got this baby.'

It made me smile looking at Kieran and having Andres and Kieran encouraging me. Andres was grabbing for Kierans face and I was obsessed with them. I gave him a kiss and Andres giggled again. The door was opened and I stepped out and my confidence jumped out.

Kiara's outfit for her return to the office

I made my way to the building and employees who saw me did double takes and were beyond shocked to see me. I would be shocked too, I physically hadn't been at work for so long then on a random day I come back with no warning. I made my way to the elevator got inside and pressed the button to the conference room floor.

I know that Marcello and Andrew were having the meeting with Colton right now. Colton has been in "competition" with Marcello and I since university. I put competition in quotation marks because calling him competition is a far stretch. He however used underhanded tactics to just simply keep up and seemed like not much had changed

Colton had found out about a massive, valuable piece of land we were purchasing from a businessman and somehow almost swung the purchase in his favour. John had been tipped by a source in the camp of the man who we were purchasing from. The purchase was meant to be confidential so he didn't know it was Dempsey Industries buying the piece of land otherwise I assume he wouldn't have almost sold to Colton.

We got in contact with the seller and he agreed to sell the land to anyone we wanted.  He sold to Kieran and we had the documentation ready for me to get the land from Kieran already ready. For now he thought he had the purchase sealed but Kieran had paid for the land and that's where I come in. John knew I was on my way back but no one knew I had managed to solve the issue. The last thing I told John was that I had a plan and I was happy I delivered.