《P R O L O G U E》

Author's POV

Kiara Dempsey gracefully made her rounds through the crowds of the fundraising event she was attending. At just twenty-four she was already highly successful as an architect and very highly respected at that too. She had everyone she was talking to enthralled by her, she just had that quality about her.

Kiara Dempsey's outfit for the gala

Regardless of how classy and calm she looked like on the outside she was a mess on the inside. Just about two hours prior to the event she had found out something disheartening about what was her current boyfriend well now ex boyfriend, he had cheated on her. She was not going to let anyone know how hurt she was by the situation. She could see how some of the women threw pity and judgemental looks towards her but she held her head high and smiled throughout the event.

Kieran King was seated at the bar with his best friend currently trying to avoid the date his mother had forced on him for the night. He looked around and that's when he saw Kiara Demosey. To him she looked striking the way she gracefully glided around the hall speaking to people, from where he was he could notice her power and grace.

Kieran was enthralled and he wasn't listening to his best friend anymore and he didn't care about making sure his date didn't come near him.

Noah Bridges realised his best friend wasn't even listening to him and he saw that Kieran was staring at Kiara Dempsey. Noah knew Kiara Dempsey she was a friend and a best friend of his wife. Kiara and Kieran had never met up because they were the same in that Kiara never really wanted her circle to grow and Kieran liked being a loner.

Kiara was getting exhausted with the smiles and interactions with people she didn't even like. She was done being nice to people and she didn't want to talk to anyone so she decided to go to the bar. If she was going to finish this charity gala she needed liquid courage, and she wasn't one to drink.

Kieran saw Kiara walking towards the bar and she was being stopped left, right and centre. Everyone seemed to even have just a second with Kiara and her face never faltered. Kiara arrived at the bar and Kieran was shocked when his best friend spoke to her.

Noah got up and said ,'If it isn't the woman who is never available herself.'

Kiara gave Noah a smile, a real smile and said ,'Hey Noah.'

They hugged and separated and Noah said ,'The house came out amazing Kiara, thank you for bumping us up on your list.'

She smiled and said, 'That's what friends are for and as the godmother it's what I should do for the baby. '

Noah narrowed his eyes playfully and said ,'Godmother huh?'

She smiled sweetly and said, 'I'm just making sure that my position is on lock. Considering how much you like my house, I assume I'm well on track.'