《C H A P T E R S E V E N》

Kiara's POV

Hannah and Noah had told Carlos about James being in my apartment and he had told my father and as a result my father had picked three of his free penthouses and Carlos was getting me very good security. I just knew the security was going to be very excessive.

Kiara's outfit for the press conference & day

Not that I'd actually ever admit it but I was very nervous about this press conference. Just the thought that people may not like me having the position or that people may not like my speech was really worrying me but it's okay I'm just going to power through it.

I'm starting to doubt my outfit but I'm going to ignore it and focus on calming my nerves down. Today my new assistant Jamie had started and right now she was making me a cup of vanilla chai tea for my nerves. Last night I had stayed up for a bit going through company records of finance in preparation for my meeting with my team today at three. I took a seat at the kitchen island going through my speech which was meant to be short and sweet and then my presentation.

She brought me my teacup and I gave her a smile. Jamie was a timid girl and she was recently out of university and I could tell she was very nervous. I took a sip and the tea didn't taste very good and I said ,'Jamie, tea might not be your strong suit but we both have our first day at work today and when you feel nervous just remember you aren't alone.'

Jamie looked a bit relieved and I said ,'We'll both be okay.'

I was very happy with Jamie she was recently out of university so we could both learn and come up with a system that works for the both of us instead of having to ask her to stop habits or ways of doing things she may have picked out from a previous employer.

She nodded and I went and dumped the tea in the sink and I said ,'I meant what I said about the tea, from now on we'll need to stop at Starbucks.'

We got downstairs and there was a matte black Range Rover Vogue waiting for us outside the doors in the underground parking garage.

I had a new cars, a new assistant my dad was a bit excited about me taking this job and position. The chauffeur stood with the door open and said ,'Good morning Miss Dempsey, I am Arthur Jones your new chauffeur.'

I smiled and said ,'Morning Arthur it's nice to meet you. Please call me Kiara though. This is my assistant Jamie.'

He nodded and Jamie said ,'I'm Jamie, Miss Dempsey's new assistant.'

He nodded and we stepped into the car and I leaned forward and said ,'Uhm Arthur please can we stop at Starbucks before we get to the office.'

He nodded and said ,'Of course Miss Dempsey.'

I said ,'Arthur, it's Kiara.'

He nodded and said ,'Of course Kiara.'

We got to Starbucks and he turned and said ,'Kiara and Jamie what would you like to have today?'