《C H A P T E R T H I R T Y - T H R E E》

Kiara's POV

Kiara's outfit for her day at the office

We were finally back in New York and back at work and back in rhythm, I had been so busy but I like to think I thrive when busy and under pressure.

I walked into Marc's office and I sang, 'Good morning.'

He looked up at me from his desk and gave me the dirtiest look which made me laugh. I sat down and he said, 'I hate how happy you are during times when we are swamped. '

I chuckled and I said, 'We are almost done with the busy part of the beginning of the year so that's exciting and a reason to be happy. '

He pulled out a file from his desk and said, 'I've been busy and Jasmine is sick so it's just been a stressful week. '

I hummed and sat back, 'Speaking of, when do we get to meet Jasmine?'

He closed his laptop and said, 'That's another thing causing havoc in my house, she wants to meet you guys but I was hoping she would meet you and Kieran first. I thought she would be more comfortable if she met you first since you can be welcoming and all that. '

I smiled and said, 'That would be great actually, you guys can come tomorrow and I'll cook it'll be fun. I haven't hosted people in a long time so that's fun. '

I grabbed the files that were piled on the edge of his desk and said, 'Great we'll do that, now I'm going to do some work. Bye brother.'

He waved and I made my way to my office and got to work. Kieran was in the Virgin Islands for a business trip so I was staying at my house. I couldn't wait for him to come back tomorrow. I really love Kieran and I would be lying if I said there weren't multiple times I found myself imagining us getting married but I had kept all these thoughts and feelings to myself till Lily practically dragged it out of me when we were facetiming.

I always went to visit my little godbaby, I mean he was so precious. Hannah had banned me from bringing presents for Elijah every time I visited because she said I was spoiling him but I couldn't help myself.

I had worked late and now it was time for me to go home. I had told Arthur he didn't have to drive me this morning because I knew I would end up working late. It looked like everyone was gone home and I was the only one left. I went down to the parking garage and got in my car, I had a very anxious feeling in my chest so I was feeling nervous.

I started my car and got onto the road and I made sure to drive as cautiously as possible. I just couldn't help my nerves it was weird, it had me on edge. I was almost at home when my phone started ringing and it was a facetime call from Kieran, I picked up my phone and answered it and I said, 'Hi bubs.'

He smiled and said, 'Are you only going home now?'

I hummed and said, 'Yeah I'm almost home.'