《C H A P T E R T H I R T Y》

Kieran's POV

Kiara had woken up early and I hadn't been able to fall back asleep. Recently I had noticed that it was easier for me to fall asleep with Kiara really close to me or both of us sleeping together. I usually fall asleep when I'm super tired when she isn't around me but shen she's there it's easy for me to sleep.

We had been talking whilst she was getting ready for the day. Kiara told me that this was tradition for her and her dad, she said they always tried to prepare one brunch whenever they linked up. She told me she would be back before brunch to shower and get ready for the eating of brunch then we were going to hang out around Rome doing random stuff and tonight was Christmas Eve and she said there was a formal dinner with some family friends.

I was sitting in our room doing emails for work waiting for her to get back. Kiara's family was special, they all cared about each other so much. Kiara's dad and uncle adored her so much and they made it clear they wanted the best and they didn't care who I was if I fucked up they would sort it out.

This weekend had also been very eye opening for me and I learnt a lot about Kiara. Kiara had a harder life here than she let on and she was letting me see that slowly but she hadn't said it out loud. I also learnt that Kiara was talented in a lot of things and kind of like me she had to take on a lot of extra things when she was growing up.

I heard a knock on the door of our room and I put my iPad down and went to open the door and Kiara's mum was on the other side. She smiled and gave me a hug and said, 'Morning honey.'

I couldn't help the smile from her motherly warm aura and said, 'Morning Alessandra.'

She hooked arms with me and pulled me out of the room and I shut the door behind me. She started leading me and she said, 'I'm sure you already know those two are cooking away so I thought we could spend some time together.'

I nodded and she said, 'Okay great, let's go. I'm going to show you Kiara's childhood here at the house.'

We went down a floor and she walked us into a set of ivory coloured double doors with a gold railing instead of door handles. She pushed the doors open and it was a dance studio. I looked around the dance studio and the ceiling was a blush pink colour with golden accents. The walls were covered in mirrors and they were some handle things.

Alessandra was looking around as well and she had a soft smile on her face. She let out a breathe and said, 'Whenever Kiara got upset she would be in here sonetimes trying to perfect the ballet that I know she only did because I had done it when I was younger or sometimes she'd just be doing plain old gymnastics she had always liked gymnastics better. '

I would have guessed she was very good at gymnastics because there were some tricks she did in bed that needed flexibility, a lot of it.

Alessandra walked to a drawer that was in the mirror and she pulled out some picture frames. She spread out the frames on the ground and I went to look at them and it was pictures of Kiara performing at ballet recitals or practicing in this room.

Alessandra turned to me and said, 'She was good at ballet Kieran and she didn't even like it but she did it for me. She didn't like waterpolo either but she did it for her father. '

I nodded because I had seen that Kiara likes making her family happy. She smiled wider and we put the frames back in the drawer and she said, 'We have a room dedicated to these kids awards because there is so much they were good at. They were overachievers especially Marcello and Kiara.'

That really did sound like Kiara and we walked into toom that had cabinets with trophies and awards and framed certificates. There were pictures on the walls everything was organized to perfection really. Under each picture there was a plaque with the date of when the picture was taken and context. The wall was separated into their own section then the centre had pictures of them with each other or with friends it was a lot of pictures.