Chapter 32

The car ride was long and painful. Nash was sitting in the front seat next to Elizabeth. In the next row sat Kaylie and Ryan. Then in the back was Hayes and I.

I sat slumped against the window. My whole body felt so dirty and violated. I felt as if I needed to take three hundred showers to wash this terrible feeling away for good.

Yeah I liked being next to Hayes and all but it was so uncomfortable. We hadn't talked to each other in weeks. He's been giving me death glares at school ever since we quote on quote "broke up". Even though no one exactly said we were done. I am tired of this. I want to be with Hayes ,but yet so complicated. One minute I hate him the next I'm in love. Right now I'm in love with those beautiful blue glossy eyes. That big sexy smile. He's deep laugh. The way he's sitting there so innocent and occupied by thoughts.

We both watched the trees blur by out the car window the whole ride. This whole court shit is really stressing him out for some weird reason. I decided to break the awkward silence.

"Hey, I'm sorry you had to be dragged into this whole mess" I said trying to smile but unable to.

"No, I want to be right by your side. I'm going to stay with you and never leave your side again. The last time I left you look where it got us" Hayes said quietly, trying to keep our conversation to our selfs.

I couldn't answer him. Flashes of being pinned to the floor. The blood. The pain. Every girls nightmare flashed through my mind over and over like a broken record.

"Hey it's alright" Hayes said reading the fear and pain upon my face.

Following those sweet short words he scooted towards me and wrapped his arms around my cold body. I flinched and tensed up once his hands touched me, then I realized I was safe in his arms. He wasn't the man that attacked me. Grayson was.