Chapter 25 Hayes Point of View

I was so excited to see Sophie. I started walking down the hallway towards the class she had. I was almost to the door and there I saw her sitting with another guy. As I approached and got a closer look I saw she was kissing him. That's not Sophie. That must be the wrong girl. But it was her. My heart sunk. My chest ached and my head was pounding. I have never felt so hurt in my life. I couldn't even say anything. Once she pulled away from that dick head she locked eyes with me. I couldn't stand to look at her. I swiftly turned around hoping she would follow me. But of course she did.

"Hayes it isn't what it looks like" she screamed as she trailed behind me.

She finally caught up to me and grabbed my arm.

"Hayes please let me explain" She pleaded with tears running down her rosy red checks.

"What is there to explain. It takes four lips to complete and kiss and two of them were yours" I said as a threw a glare with betrayal and pain seeping in my eyes.

"No Hayes, no. I turned to look at Grayson and we were so close that we kissed. I felt nothing. I didn't want to keep kissing him but I was so hurt. I couldn't bring my self to reject someone like how I've been rejected by Abby and this whole school" she said sobbing.

"You were hurt. That's your excuse" I said flatly not thinking about how my words hurt her so much.

Once the true but nasty words fell from my mouth I watched as Abby walk up to us.

"Huh now what's happening here?" Abby questioned with a big smile across her face.

"Oh nothing we were just finishing" I said as I grabbed Abby's waist and pulled her away.

Why would she do that? The same question kept running through my mind. I loved her. We haven't even been dating for more then three hours. If she cheated on my that fast I don't know if I can ever trust her again.

"So are you guys broken up?" Abby whispered in my ear.

"I don't really know" I said not exactly paying attention to anything right now.

I stood up and started searching the lunchroom for Sophie.

"Sit down baby, I haven't had a piece of you in awhile" Abby said as she tried to pull my back down in my seat.

"No Abby. I don't love you, I don't care about you, I love Sophie and I care about her" I replied in a firm tone towards Abby.

"Excuse me" Abby said raising her tone acting as if I couldn't speak to her that way.

"Screw you" I yelled in her face.

I slammed my chair into the table and looked again for Sophie but I couldn't seem to find her. I must find her and talk to her. I feel terrible for getting mad at her. I love Sophie I love her. Who cares if she kissed Grayson he's a loser anyways. She doesn't care about him, and she said it meant nothing so I believe her.

I started down the hallway looking for Sophie. I quickly turned a corner and there he stood. Grayson. I swung my clenched fist towards his jaw. A strong jolt of pain streamed through my hand.
Grayson stumbled back and fell against the lockers.

"What the hell man" Grayson screamed at me as I scrambled on top of him and begun to pull back my fist for a slam in the eye.

But before I could follow through with the punch I felt two cold hands grab my arm. I slowly turned my head around and there she was. She was so beautiful. Her long hair flowed perfectly down her shoulders and back.
Her bright green eyes looked at me intently. I could see so many emotions in her eyes . Pain, guilt, abandoned, lonely.

"Sophie I'm sorry" I said feeling like a terrible boyfriend.

She didn't say a word. She walked pasted me and knelt down beside Grayson. His nose was bleeding and his jaw was beginning to turn purple and green. I almost felt bad for the guy and then realized he kissed my girl.

"Let's take you to the nurse" she said as she helped Grayson up giving him a weak smile.

I nodded and watched them walk slowly down the hallway. Grayson's arm was draped over her shoulder. Sophie firmly held on to his back and helped him down the hall.

I couldn't believe it. I wasn't the one who cheated on Sophie. She cheated on me and she's the one pissed. I really did screw up this time. I could tell by the way she looked at me. She was so hurt and confused. My heart broke into millions and trillions of pieces. I hurt her and that's what kills me the most.