Chapter 24

I didn't realize how close Grayson and I were sitting until our lips hit. I couldn't bring my self to pull away I just froze for a second not knowing what to do. I wanted to pull away. I know what am doing is wrong. Then I thought of the feeling of being rejected and I didn't want Grayson to feel that. Finally I jerked away. I looked up and there stood Hayes. He didn't look angry he just looked incredibly hurt. He didn't say a word. Hayes turned around and walked away.

"Hayes it isn't what it looks like" I screamed as I ran after him.

I caught up to him and grabbed his arm.

"Hayes please let me explain" I pleaded with tears running down my checks.

"What is there to explain. It takes four lips to complete and kiss and two of them were yours" Hayes said with betrayal and pain in his eyes.

"No Hayes, no. I turned to look at Grayson and we were so close that we kissed. I felt nothing. I didn't want to keep kissing him but I was so hurt. I couldn't bring my self to reject someone like how I've been rejected by Abby and this whole school" I said crying.

"You were hurt. That's your excuse" Hayes said flatly.

As Hayes said those painful words Abby walked by.

"Huh now what's happening here?" Abby questioned with a big smile across her face.

"Oh nothing we were just finishing" Hayes said as he grabbed Abby's waist and pulled her away.

I started running down the hallway to Nash's locker.

"Nash. Nash" I screamed over the sea of people talking and laughing.

I spotted the back of Nash's head almost instantly. I ran up from behind him and wrapped my arms around him.

"Sophie?" Nash questioned turning around as he pulled me close into his chest.

No words came out of my mouth.