Chapter 53

There he was. Sitting before me. His high pitch laugh ringing in my ears. I loved his laugh, it was so cute and it fitted him well. He had a Davidson day jacket on. His hair was slightly blown back from the warm breeze. I couldn't keep my eyes off of him. I haven't seen him in 5 days and it's been too long.

I was burning holes in his beautiful face. I was gazing at him so intently. Then our eyes met each other. I quickly looked away hoping he wouldn't notice. He did though. I could feel him returning the glances.

I wanted to jump up and run to his arms. I missed his lips so much. I missed his hands on my body. I missed everything about him. I missed saying his name aloud. I couldn't stand this awkwardness for much longer. I have to move on or I won't be able to function.

I peered over at him once again. I sighed in relief when I saw him occupied by his friends again. I began my intent, creepy watching again.

When the lunch bell chimed I snapped out of my trance and I made my way to my locker. I needed to get home and occupy my self. This place was haunting me of Hayes.

I was almost home when I felt a slight tap on my shoulder. I turned around. Hayes. Right there. Hayes in front of me. Hayes two inches from me.

His hands were deep in his khaki pockets. His hair was a mess. He was breathing heavily. He was out of breath. Did he chase me? He did. The warm spring breeze blew his sweet smell up my nose. I started into his deep blue eyes wishing he'd say something. Then he said the words I never thought he'd say.

"I forgive you"