Chapter 9

I walked into the heavily crowded school. The AC hit me hard in the face. The hairs on my neck stood up and I felt a row of chills stream down my back. There were so many faces I didn't recognize. This was really scary. I kept taking random turns in the hallways hoping I would end up somewhere by the office. Then I felt a huge body run into me full on. I looked up and it was Nash. Thank god I found a familiar face in this sea of preps, jocks, populars, druggies, and so on.
"Hey Sophie!" Nash said with a big smile.
"Hey Nash, can you please help me find the office?" I asked helplessly.
"Well first lets get you out of the tenth grade wing and back into your territory" he said trying not to laugh.
My checks were on fire. I'm guessing they looked like big red juicy tomatoes ready to be picked off the vine. Nash grabbed my arm and pulled me through the sea. After many lefts and rights the hallways started to die down. The bell rung and that's when everyone scattered to their classrooms. Finally after what felt like forever we made it to the office. Ryan stood right by the office door with his hands deep into his khaki pockets. I could tell he was as embarrassed as I was.
"Thanks Nash! Couldn't have found it with out you" I said flashing a smile.
"No problem Soph anything for you" he replied with a smirk as he walked down the hallway backwards then turning around and disappearing behind a corner.
"I see you found your way here" I said to Sam who stood on his tip toes swaying back and forth.
"Yeah I managed to find Hayes and have him show the way" he said laughing.
I rolled my eyes and turned around seeing a tall well dressed lady towering over me.
"Hello you must be Sophie and Ryan Harris?" She said holding her hand out to me then Ryan.
"Yes that is us" Ryan replied politely.
"So here are your schedules" the lady said handing Ryan and I a packet of papers.
"Oh I almost forgot I'm Mrs. Walker the Vice principal, and your Head principal is Mr. Herrington" she said.
"Please to meet you" Ryan and I said at the same time. It's a twin thing.
"Now I have gotten this lovely lady to give you a tour then help you to your classes" she said pointing to a girl through the office glass. Then I recognized her. That was the same girl who kissed Hayes. Oh yay. She pranced out of the office obviously thinking she was had it all. She looked like a Barbie doll that I used to play with.
"Hi my name is Abby Herrington. You will hear all about me from the other students attending this school" she said with a peppy tone.
Oh wow she already sounds like a total Bitch. I'm so glad to start this school year. I looked over at Ryan and he was practically drooling over this girl. Abby once again gave me a up and down glance and laughed. Personally I thought I looked much better then her so why should she be laughing?