Chapter 35

Ring ring ring ring

That was the third time I tried to call my parents. Each time I got the same voice mail "Hi this is Rachel Harris I'm sorry I missed your call, please leave your name and number and I'll get back to you". I was so tempted to leave a voice my that says "hi mom it's me, I don't know if you'd care but I got raped... So call me back if you care". I finally gave up on trying to reach her so next I called my home phone to call my siblings. Sam's baby sitter picked up and I talked to Sam for awhile, and that felt good. After I heard his cute little voice I decided to fall asleep. It's only 2:00 and I have until 4 when Hayes gets out of school so why not sleep.

I awoke to a door opening and closing. I got up quickly and flattened my hair. Hayes popped his head into the living room giving me that big smile I loved. A smile grew across my face as he walked towards me. I grabbed his hands and pulled him down beside me.

"How was your day at school" I asked.

"Well I found out I'm getting suspended, well I was getting expelled but since my dads a coach they are only suspending me"

I was shocked. Hayes hadn't done anything wrong. Why in the world would he be suspended?

"I'm sorry" I said looking down at our hands linked together.

"No, I'm kind of happy now that I can spend a couple days with you at home"

"Hayes, as much as I love staying here I can't. I have to go home. My siblings are there missing me" I replied looking deep into his eyes.

Before I could say something else I felt Hayes lips on mine. I was about to jerk away, but then he slid his hand down my back soothing me. He gently laid me down on the couch. He continued kissing me as he got on top of me. At first I really enjoyed his lips on mine. The feeling of Hayes's body on mine. The feeling of him loving me again. Then I kept seeing Grayson's face. I would try to shoo it away but I couldn't. I kept seeing Grayson's evil grin above me.

"Hayes, I can't" I said turning my head away.

"Sophie, you need to understand that I'm not going to hurt you. All I want is to be with you" Hayes replied as he moved off me.

"I know, I want to be with you, but it's just"

I tried to describe what I meant but I couldn't. It couldn't be said in words.

"Alright" Hayes said as he got up from the couch. "I have homework anyways"