Chapter 34

Elizabeth said If I didn't want to go back to school I didn't have to. I know my parents wouldn't approve but who cares they aren't here for me.

I decided to stay home today so I could try to call my parents and call Sam my little brother and make sure he's okay.

"Hey I have to go now" Hayes said stepping into the living room.

I was still stretched out across the couch. Elizabeth was making me rest so the pain would go away. I looked at him will a smile.

"Okay, I'll see you when you come home" I said sitting up.

"I'll miss you at school" he said as he came over and sat beside me.

His hand brushed my bangs away from my eyes. I started to tense up. He leaned in and kissed my forehead.

"Don't worry, we can take it slow" Hayes said standing up.

"I'm sorry it's just hard" I said feeling my checks turn red.

"No. It's fine. You have a very good reason to be afraid, but I will assure you that I won't hurt you" he said looking down at me.

"Hayes, Nash lets go! We are going to be late" Elizabeth yelled as she walked out the front door.

"Bye" Hayes said as he ran after Nash.

I was all alone. All I had was Keeda to keep me company. The fat little pug trotted towards me and hopped into my lap. I leaned back and look up at the ceiling. Why does all the bad stuff happen to me? I kept that question tucked in my head through out the day.