Chapter 21

I pulled on a fresh pair of jeans and a cozy sweater. Then I slipped on some Vans and followed Hayes down the stairs. I saw his jacket hanging on the banister. I eyed the jacket wanting to put it on I decided not to. I didn't want make him suffer through the cold again. I guess he caught me looking because he picked up the jacket and wrapped it around me.

"Here" Hayes said looking deep in my eyes.

I had a strong urge to kiss him right there. I couldn't fight it any longer so I took the opportunity. I slipped my hands around the back of his neck and pulled him in. Our lips hit. At first he was being slow and gentle, but my body was aching for more. I kissed him more aggressively and he caught on fast. The warmth of him on me was amazing. I loved the feeling of him. I heard foot steps coming towards us but I could stop. I needed Hayes lips.

"Well look what the cat drug in" Nash said laughing with Ryan next to him.

I pulled away in embarrassment. Hayes looked down at his feet and smiled. I searched for Ryan to meet my eyes but he didn't. He had this strange look plastered upon his face. I think he felt horrible for telling Abby my number and giving her the chance to hurt me again but I couldn't tell. Usually I can easily read him but not this time. It was like he was blocking me out. I wanted to break into his mind and see if Abby was telling the truth about him giving my number away. I tried to look in his eyes again but he wouldn't look at me. There was a ping of guilt written across his face. I need to know the truth.

I heard Nash chuckle and then he grabbed Ryan's arm and pulled him past us. As Nash walked by me he whispered in my ear.

"Good job, let me leave you too alone if you know what I mean" he whispered with a wink.

I giggled and turned to Hayes. Our eyes met and he reached down to zip up the hoodie he gave me.

"It looks better on you then it looked on me" he said playfully.

I returned with a smile and picked up my backpack and swung it over my shoulder.

"Let's go I don't want to be too late" I said leaving Hayes to get his stuff.

My hand reached down to the cold door knob. Once I grasped the knob a shot of pain went into my wrist. It sure didn't feel good but I didn't want Hayes to see what I had done. I know he would disapprove.

We had been walking and talking about random things for about five minutes. I could almost see the top of the school. Talking to Hayes made the time go by fast. Then he just stopped talking. He stopped in his tracks and looked at me. Damn was he attractive. I wish I could call him mine. Yeah we've made out before but we aren't officially a thing until he asks me, and I hope it's soon.

"Hey Sophie, um so I wanted to know if you wanted to go out, I mean like boyfriend and girlfriend" he said trying not to make it awkward.

I looked up at him and fell into his arms.

"Yes, I would love to call you mine"

I got my wish. Hayes is mine and no one can steal him.