Chapter 5

My mom came out from the dinning room and introduced her self. Then of course my mom being my mom she invites them over for dinner. She told Ryan and I to give the kids a tour and then take them up to our bonus room. Once we gave a awkward tour we all went into the new bonus room. I hadn't even seen it yet. There was already a huge flat screen TV, a pingpong table along with a pinball machine and a huge L shaped couch. There was a Xbox and a Play station already set up and ready for using. I sat on the couch and turned on a football game. We all just watched and made small talk. Then I decided to make a move on Hayes.
"Hey um what school do you go to?" I asked Hayes.
"Davidson Day School, where are you going?" he replied with a smile.
"Hey I'll be going there starting tomorrow! Maybe you could show me around?" I asked him, then shortly after regretting it. Ryan stopped talking to Nash about football stats and winked at me. God I hate him sometimes.
"Yeah sure I'd love to" Hayes replied with a smirk.
Holy mother of god he answered way different then I expected! Then I had this urge to just kiss him right there but I restrained my self.
"DINNER TIME KIDS" My mom yelled from the foyer.
Then we all got up and went down stairs to sit and have a nice long awkward dinner. Of course once Kaylie came down stairs all eyes were on her. Hayes and Nash didn't say one word to me the rest of dinner. Then it was getting late so my mom told me to show our guest out. I walked to the front door and told everybody goodnight. Then right before I was about to shut the door Hayes stopped me.
"Hey um I wanted to know If I could have your number? I know we just met but you seem really cool" Hayes asked me with a huge smile plastered across his gorgeous face.
I was so surprised this was happening. I just stood there looking at him. My cheeks were so red. I could feel them steaming with warmth. Ryan came up from behind me and said
"Of course she would love your number"
I almost died right there in the middle of the room. I wanted to punch him in the face so badly but I decided it wouldn't make a good impression on Hayes. So I played cool and laughed it off. Hayes then laughed and handed me his phone so I could type in my contact. I put in my number and my name and took a quick snapshot for the contact photo. Then Hayes smiled and said Goodnight and left. I turned around and Ryan saw the rage in my eyes and he raced up the stairs to his room. I didn't even try to catch him. I was pissed off but I was quite happy on the inside that he asked for my number. I kissed my mom goodnight, gave Sam a big hug and kiss on the Forehead and headed to bed.