Chapter 30 Hayes Point of View

I sat in a chair tucked in behind the principles desk. I couldn't keep my self still. The thoughts of seeing Sophie in so much pain. Just seeing her on the ground helpless and bleeding crushes every bone inside of me. The next time I see Grayson I will pound his face in.

I heard the door creak open and I turned my head around slowly and there he stood. Grayson. He stood beside Mr. Herrington the principle with his head hung low and his hands deep in his pockets. Grayson wouldn't look at me. He should be glad because if he gave me one wrong glance I'd whip him with ease.

"Now boys, this is a serious crime. You could go to jail for twenty years or more" Mr.Herrington said as he rolled back his chair and sat down.

After he took a seat Grayson followed. He pulled the chair out from underneath the desk and slumped down.

A huge lump in my throat began to emerge. I tried to gulp it down but I couldn't. Fear raced through my blood.

"But since this school has a very high honor roll and some very big companies founding us. I will not let a mistake of two reckless boys ruin it. I will make sure this little inconvenience is our secret and our secret only" Mr. Herrington said sternly.

"Wait what" I said jumping out of my chair on to my feet.

"Sophie deserves more than that. Way more than that. This animal right here raped her. I'm not going to act like none of this happened. I will go to the police and tell them everything that happened. They will do a rape kit and find Grayson guilty" I screamed loudly pointing at Grayson and throwing my hands up wildly.

"Excuse me sir, I did no such thing" Grayson said trying to sound innocent.

"Bull shit I know what you did" I yelled over top of him not letting him speak another lie.

"Hayes you need to calm down. NOW" Mr.Herrington said.

"How am I supposed to calm down when your letting him get away with this"

I couldn't stand this much longer. I ran towards the door and slammed it open.

"You get back here right now" I heard the principle yelling behind me.

I started for the front doors. I wouldn't let Grayson and Abby get away with this.

"Hayes, Hayes, Hayes" yelled a familiar voice.

I turned my head without stopping. Nash was running quickly after me. I couldn't help but let the tears flow. Small tears rolled down my checks when I saw Nash's face.

"Come here you" Nash said pulling me into a tight hug.

"It's my fault Nash. This whole thing is my fault. How am I supposed to live with my self? I was the one who led her to get hurt. I was the one who broke up with her. I was the guy who left her alone when she needed me the most" I poured out along with my tears.

"It's okay Hayes, we are going to fix all of this" Nash said still holding on to me.