Chapter 14

That was the one thing I was dreading most. Walking into that lunch room. I don't know if I could bring my self to do it. I stopped a second and looked at Nash worriedly. He nodded and put his arm around my shoulder.

"We'll be okay. Don't worry about people looking at you and laughing. They all wish they were as cool and nice at you" Nash said quietly.

Those couple words made me smile and gave me confidence to enter the war ground. Nash opened the bathroom door and we walked out side by side. I kept my head down and walked fast through the crowd. Everyone was starring and pointing. I felt my heart crumble within my body. I didn't know if I could hold back the tears. It felt as if all eyes were on me. Then I felt a tap on my shoulder and I was scared to turn around. What if it was Abby ready to take give me another soaking. I slowly turned around and flinched when I saw the face. It was Hayes thank god. I was happy to see another face I knew that wouldn't hurt me. He gave me a sad smile and put his arm around the other side of me. That's when I heard her voice. It sounded like the devil.

"Hayes what the hell are you doing touching that whore? You might catch STDs" Abby said stomping on my heart crushing it even more then it already was.

"She's not a whore and she doesn't have STDs" Hayes said defending me.

I could feel Nash trying to pull me along but I stayed put. I wouldn't move a inch. I wanted to see this. I could see the rage in her eyes. I knew she was about to explode. But something I thought wouldn't happen happened. Nash turned around and grabbed Abby's arm and hauled her away. I knew Nash would take care of business. Then it was just Hayes and I.

"Hey it's going to be alright" Hayes said as soon as he saw me crying again.

He pulled me in close and guided me down the hall to his locker. Once we got there he entered the three digit number and unlocked his locker in one swift move. He pulled out a grey sweatshirt with the word Battle written across it in big black bold letters.

"Here give me your jacket and you can have mine and wear it" he said handing me the jacket.

I slipped it on over my head and straightened out the hood.

"Thanks, it means a lot" I replied

"Luckily the next class we have together so I can protect you if you need me" Hayes said in a sweet soothing tone.

Before I could reply Ryan and Nash came running down the hallway. The sound of their footsteps was like a herd of elephants. Once they got to Hayes and I Ryan had a very discouraged and upset look on his face.

"Oh my god I heard what happened are you okay?" He said pulling me in for a hug. I held on to him tightly. Being in his arms made me feel at home.

"I'm okay, Nash and Hayes took good care " I said holding back the tears.

Nash and Hayes smiled at me at the same time. Both of their smiles were beautiful but I just wanted to go home. Nothing could fix what has happened.

Being With Youजहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें