Chapter 16

The walk home was freezing. Hayes had his arm wrapped tight round my shoulders to keep me warm. I noticed he was only wearing a thin short sleeved shirt.

"Here you can have your jacket back" I said starting to pull his jacket off. Hayes stepped in front of me and grabbed my hands before I could get the sweatshirt off.

"No, your wearing the jacket" Hayes said firmly.

"What about you?" I questioned.

"I don't care about me. I care about you" he said as he put his arm around me again.

I smiled and blushed as he said those sweet words. We walked the last five minutes in silence.

"Well here it is" Hayes said braking the silence pointing at a house a little smaller then mine.

"My parents aren't home so don't worry about meeting them" he said with a smile.

"Thank you Hayes. Can I call my brother really fast and tell him I'll be home a little later?" I asked as we walked into the warm cozy house.

"Yeah of course you can go up to my room for some quiet if you want?" He offered.

"Yeah okay" I replied.

I swiftly ran up the stairs. I took a right down the hallway like Hayes told me. I opened the door and walked in slowly. I looked around and it was pretty neat. I didn't expect a guys room to room to be this nice. I called Ryan and he said it was fine and told me to be careful. I laughed it off and said I wouldn't do anything stupid. I heard footsteps coming up the stairs. I quickly said I had to go. I started to sit on his bed as Hayes walked in.

"Hey" he said in a low musty voice.

"Hey" I replied.

"I'm sorry about today, I already called it off with Abby. She's a bitch and I'm sorry she treated you like that. You don't deserve that" he said tucking my bangs behind my ear.

"Why would you brake up with her? She's gorges, popular, and has it all" I said looking down at my hands.

"Are you kidding me? You are so much more gorgeous then her. You are beautiful inside and out. She might be pretty on the outside but on the inside she is dark and evil. I will never make eye contact with her again. I hate her" Hayes said firmly.

I looked up and looked straight into his eyes. His eyes were so blue. Once I looked into them it was like I was trapped. They weren't just like any old blue eyes, they were so unique. Then something I never thought would happen.