Chapter 23

"Let's get you back to class" Grayson said trying to tuck my bangs behind my ear but before he could fully do it I jerked back.

"Hey I have a boyfriend" I said slowly.

"Oh I'm sorry, I didn't mean to make you feel uncomfortable" he said patting my knee.

Man was this guy touchy-feely. I guess he's just trying to be nice. After all Hayes isn't here to comfort me so he might as well try.

"Okay so what class do you have next" he questioned smirking.

"I have English" I replied trying to smile but I couldn't.

"Hey me too! Score. Well I'll show you the way" he said delighted.

We walked through the empty halls side by side.

"Right this way" he said braking the silence as he pointed to the door.

I pushed the door open and every pair of eyes in the classroom darted our way. Every other kid smiled and laughed as I walked in.

"slut, slut, slut, slut" some people chanted.

"Quiet down class get busy" the teacher yelled over the chanting.

I felt the tears starting to well up again but I have to stay strong.

"Hey it's okay, I'm here with you" Grayson whispered in my ear from behind.

That's exactly what Hayes said this morning. Though I sure don't see him anywhere.

I took a seat in one of the empty desks in the back of the room. I dropped my books down and sat in the seat. I can't believe this happened again. What does Abby have against me? Why me? There are hundreds of other much prettier girls in this school but she chose me.

"Sophie, Sophie, Sophie" the teacher said tapping on my desk.

I jumped twenty feet out of my chair. I guessed dazed off for awhile.

"Sophie, please tell the class what books you've read in the last month" the teacher said calmly.

"Ummm unmm" I mumbled trying to think but I just couldn't.

The whole class started laughing. Over the laughs I heard one kid say "Ha she's not only a man-stealer she's the class screw up, wonder what's going through her head?" The whole class kept laughing. I stood up and fled the class knocking over a stack of text books on my way to the door. Once I was in the hallway I let it all out. Most people would say it's stupid to cry about something that dumb but I feel as if everything I do screws up my life even more.

I slowly sunk down onto the floor with my back against the wall. I pulled knees into my chest and wrapped my arms around my legs and just sat there. I don't care if anyone sees me. What ever I do, I always seem to mess everything up. I heard foot steps coming my way. I looked up and saw Grayson standing there. He was wearing a white and blue button down with khakis.

"Hey, come on you can't let these stupid people get to your head. Your better then them" he said as he sat down close beside me.

"I'm just tired of this school. I haven't done anything to deserve this. I just came to a new school and I was targeted and now everyone hates me" I said holding back my tears.

"Well you know I don't hate you" he said quietly.

I didn't want to talk anymore. I was tired of this school. Then I had a Amazing thought. Its Friday! I have no school tomorrow. I started feeling better already. Then the chime of the lunch bell rang. I turned my head quickly towards Grayson, but in that moment of time my actions ruined my whole relationship with Hayes.