Chapter 13

So many thoughts were running through my head. Why did she do this to me? I didn't touch Hayes did I? What kind of person would do this on someone's first day? But the biggest question I kept thinking about was who saved me from the monster named Abby. My eyes were stinging and I wanted to wipe the liquid away but I couldn't bring my self to do it. I didn't want who ever saved me to see me crying. I heard the sound of running water and paper towels crinkling. I felt a warm, gentle hand rest on my shoulder. Then I felt a wet towel rub my face in a slow circular motion. Their touch was so gentle and sweet. I couldn't stand the mystery any longer. I wiped away the cold liquid away from my eyes. There Nash stood right in front of me. So close. If I moved my head 2 inches we would be touching. I stayed very still while he washed the liquid off my face. I turned my head slowly about to look in the mirror. I was so scared to see what I looked like. Then I saw it. There was red little ice cubes all over me. I had been hit with a slushy. I was horrified. My Patagonia was ruined. My makeup was running down my face, my eyes were puffy and red from crying and I was freezing. I turned back to Nash. He backed up slowly and smiled.

"Thank you so much" I said stuttering starting to cry again.

"No please don't cry" Nash pleaded as he pulled me close. I wrapped my arms tight around his muscular body. He was so warm. His body was starting to warm me up the second he hugged me. He picked my chin up and wiped away my tears away.

"Its going to be okay, I'm here for you" he said reassuring me.

"Here lets go to my locker and get you my jacket. You can wear that the rest of the day. We can also put your clothes in my locker because I'm guessing you don't have one yet" he said while wiping the rest of the slushy off my face and jacket. I nodded slowly because I couldn't speak I was too shaken up and upset to say a word.