two

The boys went to their rooms. I was able to share a room with Pansy, but it ended up just being us two. I'm not exactly sure why but I felt more comfortable being alone with someone I knew. With Pansy I feel like I could ask her anything without her judging for my lack of knowledge about the wizarding world.

As I was changing into some black sweats and a grey t-shirt for bed, I all of a sudden remembered about writing to my mom. It was already 9 but I figured it'd be alright to wake up my mum since she was so strict about this one rule she gave us in order to let us attend Hogwarts.

As I walked out of the bathroom that was attached to our room Pansy was on the floor next to her bed putting some of her things under the bed. As I was putting on my black Nike hoodie she looked up from what she was doing.

"Do you know the room the boys are in? I just remembered my mom insisted on me and Leo writing to her the minute we find out what house we got put into."

"Yeah. Do you know where the owlery is at?"

"No actually."

"That's fine. One of the guys or me will show you guys. Do you want to take some parchment, a quill pen, and ink to write the letter before we go to the owlery?" she asked while heading to the door.

"Sure."

We walked into a large hallway with a lot of doors. Towards the end of the hallway Pansy didn't even knock before she walked in. Theo was talking to Draco who was at a desk writing on a piece of parchment while Blaise and Elio were nowhere in sight. 

When the door opened the two looked up. Draco went back to his writing while saying, "Theo doesn't have any of that smoking thing he usually brings."

"It pains me that you think so low of me." Pansy said, with a face of hurt mockery and her hand above her heart.

"Well that is why you're here isn't it? Or am I wrong?" asked Draco.

"Actually no, you are wrong. Aurora and Elio need to write to their mother so we came so they can write a letter together then go to the owlery." By then Theo had walked over to his bedside table and got an envelope out.

"He went with Blaise to steal some food from the kitchen." said Draco.

"You guys literally just ate like an hour ago." said Pansy.

"And your point is?"

"Nothing. We'll just wait here then."

I sat at one of the empty desks in the room and started writing to my mum.

Dear mum,

I'm so sorry that we're writing so late. I think we forgot with all the excitement. We both got into slytherin. We even have the same friends. They're all really nice. I feel like I haven't thanked you enough yet for letting us come here. But I'm beyond grateful. We have classes in the morning so I think this will be all for tonight. Next week the letter will be longer. I promise. By the way, it's Aurora writing. When I came looking for Leo in his room one of his roommates told me he went with another one of our friends to get something.

                                                                                                                                              Love, Rory

It took me about 5 minutes to write the letter and Elio still hadn't shown up. Pansy and Draco were insulting each other but i'm starting to think that's just how they get along. "Ok i'm done. Can you show me where the owlery is?"