forty six

After dinner we all went to the backyard. There was an area to make a fire and outdoor chairs and couches surrounding it. My dad made the fire and before he went back inside to go to bed he said, "Make sure to lock the door when you guys come back in."

"So, are you guys staying for the whole summer?" I asked.

"Do you want us gone, Aurora?" Blaise asked in mock disbelief.

"Of course not. It's just, don't your parents want you home?"

"My father actually wants me home mid August." Draco said.

"My mother doesn't care what I do." Pansy said. I nodded my head in understanding and looked at Blaise.

"My mum is in Australia for the summer, I think." Blaise said. "I don't really want to go, so i'll take your guys' offer to stay here all summer." Elio nodded his head.

"What about you?" I asked Theo quietly. He was right next to me with his arm around me.

"My father hasn't said anything about going home." he said.

Most of the night we spent outside talking about almost everything.

"Elio, do you fancy anyone?" I asked. He's never had a crush on anyone in London from what I know of and it's kinda weird.

"What?" he asked in disbelief. "Of course not." Pansy started laughing at his reaction and that caused him to start blushing.

"Come on, you can tell us." Theo teased.

"I don't." Elio said shyly. He tightened the blanket he had around himself and avoided eye contact with everyone.

"You started disappearing at school and we could never find you for hours." Blaise said. "There is someone, isn't there?"

"And what about you? I know you fancy someone." Elio told Blaise. I looked at Blaise and he was chuckling while shaking his head.

"So did you just confirm that there is someone?" Theo asked Elio.

"No! I just-" he let out a frustrated sigh and looked back at the fire in front of us. "I'm not telling you guys who she is."

"Elio!" I said.

"Now you need to." Draco said. All of us were looking at Elio expectantly.

"She doesn't want anyone to know." Elio said quietly after a while.

"That's never a good sign." Draco said, disappointed.

"How?" Elio asked.

"Don't take what we say to heart, but..." Blaise trailed off, trying to think of a good way to say what he was thinking.

"She could be cheating on you." Draco said bluntly.

"Draco!" Pansy said.

"What?" he asked Pansy. Draco then looked at Elio. "Once upon a time" he began talking as if Elio was a child, "there was this girl, she didn't want anyone to know that we were together-"

"It was dumb on your part. Literally everyone knew Daphne was getting with every slytherin." Theo said.

"My point is, don't get too attached." Draco finalized. "Not until you know for sure why it is that she doesn't want people to know about you guys."

"Did you get attached?" I asked Draco, annoyed.

He was a bit taken back by my question. He smirked and asked, "Did I say something to offend you, love?"