thirty nine

Theo's pov:

When I got in the elevator and went down to the lobby it was almost empty. Aurora wasn't in there so I went outside. The sidewalk was crowded with people walking home and I didn't know where to start looking for her.

I decided to go look at the closest park. It was starting to get dark and I was getting anxious about not being able to find her. When I walked deeper into the park there was a small garden with colorful flowers. In the middle of it all was a bench and a figure bent over with its face in its hands.

I walked a little closer, not wanting to startle the person, and saw that it was actually Aurora. I let out a sigh of relief and walked right to her. As I sat down she gasped and moved away from me. "Sorry." I apologized for startling her.

She shook off the apology and looked at the flowers in front of us. "How'd you find me?" she asked.

"I don't really know. This is the park we came to while I was here before Christmas." It wasn't the exact same bench, but it was the same park. "Are you okay?" I asked after a while of silence. She nodded her head and looked at me.

"I don't want to go back." Her eyes began getting watery and I pulled her into my chest. I could see she was shedding tears, but she made no sounds to indicate she was crying. "Would you kill me if I were to go stay with Fred and George?" I tensed at the thought. I had just asked her to be my girlfriend and now she was wanting to leave. "Theo?" She pulled away enough so she'd be able to see my face.

I forced a smile and said, "If you want to, go ahead."

If possible, her frown deepened. "You don't want me to."

I ran my fingers through her hair. "Aurora, I'll never want to be away from you." She looked away from me and back at the flowers. "This is just another fight with Elio. You guys will get over it by tonight."

She shook her head. "No, I'm done with him-"

"Aurora, he's your brother."

"I don't care-" her voice broke. She pushed the heel of her hands on her eyes and scrunched up her face. I wasn't sure what to do in a situation like this. She seemed genuinely upset. Not mad, just sad. I rubbed her back and didn't say anything.

After a couple minutes she took a deep breath and took her hands away from her face and looked straight ahead of her. "I'm going to owl Fred." she said as she stood up. I looked at her in shock. She began walking away, but I stayed in my place. After she realized I wasn't following her, she turned back around. "Aren't you coming?"

"What for?" I asked bitterly.

"What's wrong?" she asked me.

"Nothing. Go write to Fred."

"Are you mad that I want to leave?"

"Not mad, just..."

"Just what?" I could tell she was getting annoyed, but I was upset that she wanted to leave.

"I don't know, Aurora." I said loudly. Her eyes widened at my harsh tone, but she quickly regained herself. I could tell she was trying to stay calm, but my attitude was making that hard for her.

"Theo... I can't stay here." There was desperation in her voice for me to see her point of view, but at the moment all I could think about was the fact that she was leaving me right after everything finally became official between us.

"Do what you want." I whispered so quietly I was surprised she heard me.

She shook her head in disbelief and said, "I will." Then she walked away. I closed my eyes to try to refrain myself from following her and continuing the conversation. When I opened my eyes she was nowhere in sight.