forty one

When I stood in front of the huge double doors I had to strain my neck to look at how high the 'house' was. I shook my head to stop staring so much and rang the doorbell. I waited for a whole minute and right when I was about to ring again the door opened. A guy who looked to be in his late 40s was looking down at me and I automatically felt uncomfortable.

"Hello," I said nervously. "Does Theo Nott-"

"What do you want with my son?" he asked in an authoritative voice.

"Well, I was just wondering if-" I stopped myself when I realized that I was sure going to get the door slammed in my face if I asked him if Theo could come and stay with me. I was a complete stranger to him. "I was wondering if I could talk to Theo."

After a couple seconds of his intense staring he opened the door to let me in. "Wait in there." he pointed to a room that had its doors closed. He walked away before I could say anything. When I walked into the room it had a huge fireplace with gigantic paintings. I felt uncomfortable being in such an environment as this one, but my thoughts were interrupted when the door opened.

When I turned around Theo stood in the doorway looking at me in shock. He closed the door quickly and walked over to me. I was expecting a hug or at the very least a nice greeting, but instead he grabbed me by my arm roughly and took me to a far corner in the room. I hated this corner.

"What are you doing here?" he whispered harshly. He wasn't even looking at me. I pulled my arm out of his grip and rubbed it.

"I came to invite you to stay with me-"

"Keep your voice down." Theo continued whispering. He kept looking at the door, expecting someone to walk in.

"Was that your dad?" I asked quietly. I was looking at him and when I said that, he finally looked down at me. He nodded and I asked, "Can you come stay with me?"

"Where?"

"With the Weasley's."

He shook his head and began looking back at the door. "My father would never let me."

"He let you go with us-"

"I snuck out." When I didn't say anything Theo grabbed my hand and walked us over to the door. Before he opened it he said, "I want you to leave and not say anything to him." Before I could answer he opened the door and his father wasn't anywhere in sight.

"Theo, please-"

"Just leave. I'll see you when we go back to Hogwarts." He grabbed my hand and walked me over to the door, but before we could get to it, his father came out of a hallway.

"Leaving already?" he asked me.

"She is." Theo said sternly. I looked at him for an answer on why he was acting weirdly, but he continued looking at his father. I squeezed his hand and when he realized he was still grabbing my hand he let go of it and walked over to the door.

"Now don't be rude, Theodore. Who's this friend of yours?" he asked in a fake nice voice.

"No one." Theo said as he walked back over to me and grabbed my arm to pull me to the door.

"Is this your girlfriend?" his dad asked.

"No." I didn't take that personally because I would too tell my dad the same thing about Theo.

"Who are you, dear?"

"I'm-"

"Leave, Aurora." Theo said through gritted teeth. He was looking at me with so much hatred and I didn't know what to do. I momentarily froze and looked at Theo's angry expression. After I realized both pairs of eyes were on me, I began walking past Theo.