sixty eight

Back at the house we had a bonfire and talked. It wasn't a very eventful night. We had fun, but for the most part I was really checked out from most conversations that took place. I didn't want to go back to school. I was dreading it and knew the summer did not get me ready for having to see Theo again. I tried to take my mind off my anxious thoughts, but everytime I would end up spacing out thinking about the same thing. It didn't help that Ezra wasn't here. Usually I could focus on him and completely forget that Theo existed, but right now I couldn't.

"Are you okay?" Amelia was sitting next to me. I nodded my head. "I'm just feeling a bit sick. I think I'm gonna go lie down for a bit." When I was in my room I realized that I had no intention to go back outside. I knew Amelia would tell everyone where I went once they realized I was gone, so I didn't worry about it and instead fell asleep.

—-------------------------------------------------

The next morning my mum made a big deal of having a big breakfast and getting my little brothers ready. When I went downstairs after waking up and getting ready I could tell Elio wanted to talk to me, but he didn't want to worry our parents. I wasn't really sick, but it felt like it.

On our way to the train station my mum was excited about our last year of school. Elio was sitting in the front middle seat and I was squished in the backseat against the door and one of the twin's car seats.

"What do you guys want to do after Hogwarts?" my dad asked. I was looking out the window when I mumbled an "I don't know."

"I don't know either." Elio said.

"Have you guys thought about being a healer?" My mum laughed out loud.

"You want them to be just like you." my mum teased. I looked at my dad in the rearview mirror. He was paying attention to the road, but I could see the smile that overcame his face. I rolled my eyes as I looked back outside the window.

"I actually want to apply to schools in London. I just know I want to go back to muggle school." I said. My mom looked at my dad for his reaction. He had a neutral expression. He wasn't giving away how he felt and that's how it was the entire car ride. I know I had said the wrong thing and I wasn't upset with myself about it.

When we entered platform 9 ¾ Elio and I went straight to put our trunks on the train, but my dad stopped us. Instead he had Elio take both our trunks, so he could talk to me. I stayed back and looked at Elio's back. I didn't want to argue with my dad in the middle of the platform. As if reading my mind, he grabbed my arm and led me to a wall. I took my arm out of his grasp and folded my arms against my chest.

"Why don't you want to go for a career in the wizarding world?" I shrugged my shoulders.

"You have been excelling in your studies at Hogwarts even while being four years later than everyone else. You're good at it. Why would you want to leave it?"

"I'm also good at muggle work. Maybe you would know if you had stuck around-"

"Aurora." he sternly cut me. "Don't start with that."

"Why not? It happened, didn't it?"

"Do you seriously want me to play that game?" He raised his eyebrows as if to challenge me. I nodded.

"I have a ton of potential for the wizarding world, but I like the muggle world mum raised us in. Don't get mad just because I don't want to be like you."

"God, Aurora." He ran a hand down his face and looked away from me for a second. When he looked back at me I could tell he was on the verge of yelling at me. "I want you to have a good life as a witch. This is the entire reason I fought for so long. I wanted to give you a life where you could be safe practicing magic-"