thirty six

Theo's pov:

After Aurora left the room I heard her go into Elio's room. I sat in the same spot for about five minutes before laying down next to Pansy. It was late, but I didn't feel tired. I tossed and turned for the longest time, trying to stop thinking about Aurora. Trying to stop thinking about the hurt I saw flash in her eyes.

I couldn't stop thinking about how badly I screwed up. She has no problem not being romantically involved with me. It's me who'll lose her.

When I looked at the clock it said 7 A.M. I figured I wouldn't sleep tonight and instead got up to the bathroom.

When I walked back into the room I went over to Blaise's bag for clean clothes, but before I could get any Blaise woke up. "Theo?!"

I smiled sheepishly. "Hi. I need to borrow some-"

"What happened!" he demanded more than asked. I shrugged my shoulders.

"Can I borrow some clothes?"

"Not unless you tell me what happened."

I scoffed. "You know what happened. Why ask?" I responded as I got some clothes out of his bag. I was starting to get annoyed with him. He came over to me and smacked the back of my head. "Blaise! You see that I've been hit and you hit me?"

"You're an idiot, you know that?" I don't understand why he was mad. I'm the one that should be. "That," he pointed to a healing bruise on my right cheek, "is already healing. Which means you didn't just get it unlike those bruises and cut." He pointed to the rest of my bruises.

"Can you just stop analyzing everything?" I asked as I started changing into black pants.

"We can go to a shop today to buy you everything you need." he said as he left the room.

I sat down on the bed and waited for Blaise to come back into the room. It was still kinda early and I had no idea when anyone would wake up. Blaise walked in a couple minutes later and told me to tell him why Aurora was sleeping with Elio and Draco rather than her sleeping on her bed and I on the ground.

I told him that when I got here last night she let me in and let me sleep on her bed and she went to sleep in Elio's room.

"Something else happened." Blaise said when I was done talking.

"What? Why do you say that?" I thought I sold the lie pretty well.

"Well for one, do you really expect me to believe she didn't ask you about what happened? Also, you're just being weird."

"Nothing happened." Blaise was my best friend, but I really didn't want to think about what happened. What I said. What I did. How I cried in front of her.

My facial expression must've changed because he said in a serious tone, "What happened?"

I shook my head. "I cried in front of her."

"And?" he urged. I looked at him and I could tell he wasn't going to let it go so I told him.

"And I kissed her." Blaise scoffed. "And she kissed me back and everything was great until I-" I stopped suddenly. I didn't want to keep talking about it.

"Until?"

"Until I fucked it up, Blaise."

He shook his head in disappointment. "How did you fuck it up?" I looked over at Pansy to see if she was still sleeping. "We can go to a shop for everything you need while we talk." he suggested.

"Do you know of any shops around here?" I asked.

"There's one just down the street. I got this shirt there." He gestured to the plain black one he was wearing. I laughed and agreed. Blaise wrote a note telling everyone where we went and put it on the dining table.