twenty four

When I left my bags we went to the twins room. They told me that Ginny, Ron, Hermione, and Harry were outside playing in the snow. I began telling them everything with my dad. I acted like I didn't care about any of it, but the twins knew me better than that and right away started comforting me.

After almost two hours we decided to go look for Ron, Harry, Hermione, and Ginny. They were all in a room with a piano and couches. When they saw me they all greeted me.

"So why didn't you go to Malfoy's house?" asked Hermione once we all sat down.

"I'm kinda mad at Elio and I didn't want to be around him."

"What did he do this time?" asked Ron as he rolled his eyes.

I looked at the twins then back at Ron and said, "Um, he's just mad that I want to be called Aurora instead of Rory." I said nervously. I wasn't ready for everyone to know that my dad was alive and I hope that Elio doesn't go around telling everyone. "So, can you guys please call me Aurora now?"

They were all surprised and Ginny asked why.

I shrugged my shoulders and said, "I don't know. I just really don't want to be called that anymore." After a good minute of them staring at me, trying to figure out the reasoning, they all agreed.

Ron played wizard's chess with Harry and after a couple rounds they stopped playing and we all went downstairs for dinner. When we sat down to start eating, Sirius and Arthur, the twins dad, started asking me questions about myself and Elio.

"Why didn't he come with you?" Arthur asked.

"We don't like him, dad." said Ron with his mouth full of food.

"Why?" asked Molly genuinely curious.

"On their first day of classes he yelled at Aurora in the middle of the corridors in front of everyone. And other reasons." Fred said as he waved his fork around.

"And he also didn't come because we also didn't invite him." said Ginny. I didn't really have anything to add to the conversation so I stayed quiet and continued eating.

After dinner Sirius pulled me away from everyone else to talk to me. "Is your dad by any chance Lorenzo De Luca?" he asked. I hesitated to answer him. Not because I was going to deny it, but because I wouldn't know how to tell him he's alive while everyone else in this house thinks he's dead, minus the twins.

When I told everyone else he was dead it wasn't a lie since I didn't know, but now I do and I don't want to lie to someone I've barely met. I think he noticed my hesitation because he lifted up his eyebrows. "Yeah, he is." I said with a tight smile.

"You kind of look like him." he said as he looked more closely at my face.

I raised my eyebrows and began shaking my head. "No I don't. My brother does. I don't."

"I don't know what it is, but you do." he said softly and smiled at me.

As much as I used to want to look like him and Elio I didn't want to anymore. "Well thanks, but no one else sees it."

"Harry mentioned that he passed away when you were younger."

"Yeah."

"Did you know Harry's parents passed away when he was only a baby?" he asked sadly.

"He's never talked to me about his parents. I've heard things, but I don't know how much of it is true." I hadn't really known exactly what had happened with his parents. I only heard small things from Draco, but he would say things to be mean and I never really knew what was true.