forty four

Theo's pov:

For the following weeks after Aurora told Elio about us it was a bit tense. Aurora was extremely wary of the level of affection we displayed in public. Especially in front of Elio. I could care less, but it actually mattered to her so I went along with it.

The O.W.L.s were somewhat easy. The lot of us didn't spend much time studying, except Draco and Aurora, so we never worried. We always found those two with textbooks surrounding them in a corner in the slytherin common room.

It was always loud in there, but they acted as if it wasn't and I think it actually worked for them. Whenever Elio would see them studying together he'd give me a look and say, "You're not worried about something going on between them?" I answered with a firm no and he surprisingly left it at that.

Elio had been like that, less worried about what Aurora does.

In all honesty I was a bit worried, but not because I didn't trust Aurora, because I didn't trust Draco.

When he found out about Aurora and I he wasn't surprised in the slightest. We were at lunch and when I told him he looked up at me, mouth stuffed with food, shrugged his shoulders, and said, "Not surprised." He swallowed the food in his mouth then continued talking. "I personally don't think she's great with relationships-

"Maybe she's not great with people who try telling her what to do." Pansy snapped.

Draco looked shocked at her tone, then regained his expression and said, "I wasn't telling her what to do-"

"Yes you were!" Before the argument could escalate Elio arrived, so that was the end of it.

Turns out all the stress Aurora was going through about our O.W.L.s caused her to barely get any sleep at all. So when she tested and got outstanding scores she collapsed at the dinner table right after.

She had her head on the table and was sleeping while Elio was poking her arm, trying to see if she was actually sleeping. Her face was facing me, but her hair was covering it. I moved it out of the way and confirmed to Elio that she was sleeping.

Elio once again invited us to his house, even me. I was shocked by the invitation, but my father technically never said I needed to be at the manor this summer, so I accepted the invitation graciously.

Draco started asking questions about the new house as if Elio himself had already seen it. "Is it a manor?" Draco asked excitedly.

"We're not that rich." Elio said, a bit annoyed. Dinner went by quickly and soon we were dismissed. We were to be leaving in two days and for the first time in five years I was excited about where I was going to be staying this summer.

Previous years I've spent Christmas and Easter holidays with Blaise, but never during the summer. It was always the longest which meant a lot more dreadful things to deal with from my father. Blaise always spent his summers in Asia or America with his mum and whichever husband she has at the moment, so I was never able to go with them.

Since he's older now though, his mum is letting him stay either with friends or home alone now.

After dinner I half carried Aurora to the dorms. I held her up firmly and she lazily walked wherever I led her with her head drooped down.

I decided to leave Aurora in her dorm so she could get a good night's sleep instead of taking her to our dorm which would for sure be noisy. None of us had packed and that's what we were planning on doing tonight.

When I got back to our dorm Blaise threw the bag of money I had put in his trunk after I came back from my father's manor. "I don't want your money. I already have enough." he said.