eight

The following day, which was Sunday, I spent doing homework in the library. Theo had written home to get a broom sent. It got here the following Thursday, but he had started quidditch practice so he was really busy.

Everything had gotten a lot better with Elio. He was still on edge that I hung out with certain people, because of how much Draco badmouths them.

It was now a Wednesday about two weeks later and I was setting up a prank with Fred and George. We planned it so it would go off during dinner. Our "victim" was Ron. The twins were persistent that it be him even after I begged for it to be someone we didn't know.

I just didn't want Ron to hate me. The twins insisted that Ron is basically used to the pranks so I finally gave in.

We were planning for a huge dye pack to go off when Ron picked up a piece of food right in front of him. We chose the color pink. We thought that would be a good laugh for everyone. Harry and Hermione will get some color on themselves, but the twins told me I couldn't warn them.

Harry, Hermione, and Ron asked me to sit with them, but the twins wanted me to be away from Ron so I wouldn't get the dye on me. And because they were scared I would blurt it out to Ron.

I wanted to see exactly when Ron got hit with the dye without making it obvious that I was staring at him so I decided to sit with Pansy and the guys. I sat facing the gryffindor table next to Draco. Next to him was Pansy and across from us was Elio, Theo, and Blaise.

They were all eating, but I was mainly focused on Ron. My leg was bouncing up and down and I was fidgeting with my rings. Fred and George came up to the table and sat next to Blaise. They completely ignored the dirty looks Draco and Pansy were sending him and the annoyed look Blaise was sending them because Fred was pushing him so he could get closer to me.

"Rory, calm down." Fred said as he grabbed my hands to stop my fidgeting.

"Why hasn't it happened yet?" I whispered, trying to be as quiet as possible so the rest wouldn't hear.

"You just need to be patient."

"What are you doing here?" Elio asked. I looked at him and he had his hand in a tight fist around his fork. His jaw was clenched and he looked mad.

"Calm down Elio. Why are you so mad?" Before Elio could answer there was a loud pop that echoed around the great hall. We all looked towards the source of the noise. It was the dye pack.

Ron's whole upper body was covered in pink. Harry and Hermione had some color on themselves too, but only spots unlike Ron, who was drenched in pink dye. Almost everyone at the gryffindor table was laughing. Neville had a sympathetic look on his face and Hermione and Harry were stunned.

Everyone at the slytherin, ravenclaw, and hufflepuff table were laughing. Elio and my friends were laughing while looking at me.

"Merlin Rory, you did that?" Elio asked, still laughing.

"All her idea." Fred said as he leaned over the table to hug me. As I returned the hug he whispered something in my ear. "I think your boyfriend is a bit jealous."

As he pulled away I looked at him with a confused look. I tilted my head in a confused matter. He didn't clarify though. He just smiled at me. George ran to my side of the table to drag me in the middle of the slytherin and gryffindor tables.

I was in the middle of Fred and George as Fred got ready to speak to everyone. Ron's face remained neutral as he looked at us. Everyone was clapping and the twins were bowing and encouraging me to do the same.