seventy four

Elio was at dinner, but he avoided eye contact with me. Theo walked in about a minute after I sat down. He sat down next to me which confused everyone, but Elio was too preoccupied trying to ignore me to notice.

"You guys made up?" Draco waved his fork between Theo and I as his eyes narrowed on us. I shrugged my shoulders as I scooted slightly away from Theo. I was still mad at him for telling Blaise.

"We have another match after the holidays, so we need to practice a lot if you guys don't want to spend every day of our break training," That got Elio's attention.

"Are you serious? We just won our match last week. We're fine," Elio looked at Draco dumbfounded.

"What? Are you too busy?" Draco looked at Elio with all seriousness. I was starting to think there was a chance they'd get into a fight right now.

"No but I have a fucking life," Elio argued. Oh.

"Go cry to your mum. I don't care," Draco waved him off and continued eating.

"Draco, come on," I insisted.

"You're not on the team, so stay out of it," Draco mumbled. I scoffed at his attitude and reached over the table to tug at his hair.

He grabbed at the root of his head when I let go, "Ow? What the fuck? What was that for?" He said with his mouth half full.

"You've been in a much bitchier mood recently and it's getting really annoying," I said.

"Thank you," Blaise dropped his utensils on his plate and looked at Draco pointedly while holding a hand out towards me. I shook his hand in agreement and tried to look at Draco the same way. Blaise's facial expression was much better than mine though, and it said much more.

"Fine! If you guys really hate training that much," Draco began getting up and threw his napkin on his plate, "then I kick you guys off the team! I'll find better players anyway!" He walked off in a huff.

Pansy started laughing and wiping at her small tears of laughter. "He's so dramatic, what the fuckkk," She was fanning her face from the heat that enveloped her cheeks from laughing so hard. I smiled and looked at Elio to see him slightly chuckling as well. He still wasn't looking at me, but I know he knew I was looking at him.

"He'll come back," Blaise pointed out. Theo nodded in agreement.

"So, being serious, have you two made up?" Pansy looked between Theo and me. I looked at Elio to see him finally looking at me.

"Aurora?" Theo asked. I glanced at him then shook my head when I looked back at Pansy.

"No," I said.

"You two have been awfully friendly. I wouldn't say no if I were you," Blaise chimed in. He said it casually, but I knew Blaise was being spiteful. I looked at the Gryffindor table to see if I could move tables. There was an open seat next to Harry but I could see Ginny on her way to sit next to him.

"We're fine," I said. "But anyways, it doesn't matter," I made sure to glare at Blaise before starting my meal and definitely ending this conversation.

—-------------------------------------

After dinner we all walked together back to the common room (obviously not with Draco). We spoke about our classes and my plans to go back home for the break. They were shocked but I just mentioned I wanted to be with my brothers.

I tried to fall back behind everyone to speak with Elio but the second he noticed what I was doing he quickly went towards the front with Blaise. I rolled my eyes and gave up on that plan. Unfortunately, Theo was able to fall back with me out of everyone's earshot.