fifty

Theo's pov:

Draco left mid August. Aurora left for a couple days with Fred and George a week before going back to school. She was back on August 30th.

When we went into her room when she got back she kept rambling about everything the three of them did. Apparently the twins opened a shop in Diagon Alley.

I laid on her bed and waited for her to finish packing. She stopped talking a while ago so I started spacing off, but my attention was brought back to Aurora when she said something.

"I'm sorry, what'd you say?" I asked

"Did your dad ever write to you?" she asked curiously.

"Why would he?" I tried to make my voice sound as if the question didn't bother me. I'm not sure I was very successful.

"Well I don't know. Maybe to see how you're doing?" she suggested. I ignored that and closed my eyes to take a nap.

A couple seconds later I heard shuffling around the room and soon felt Aurora get on the bed next to me. I opened an eye and she smiled at me while wrapping her arms around my torso.

I hugged her back and that's how we fell asleep for the rest of the afternoon.

——————————

When we got to Platform 9 ¾ we met up with Draco in our usual compartment. Aurora fell asleep against my shoulder almost instantly.

For the whole train ride we talked about the new school year.

The Hogwarts dinner and sorting was the same as every year, so I didn't pay as much attention as I did last year.

Throughout dinner I talked with Blaise and Draco about quidditch. Our captain from last year graduated so Draco was now our captain. The majority of our team graduated too so we had to have try-outs.

Draco was having Blaise and I help out at try-outs. The only reason I agreed was so I'd make sure Draco actually did a good job with the choosing.

"Are we going to play favorites?" Blaise whispered. Blaise and Draco were across from me but Blaise lowered his voice so the rest wouldn't hear.

"Do you know someone who wants to try out?" I asked. Blaise shifted his gaze towards Aurora, who was right next to me, and back to me.

I looked at her, but she was focused on getting more food from the center of the table, not listening to us.

I sent a questioning look to Blaise.

"She wants to try out." Draco whispered so lowly that I had to strain to hear.

"And Elio." Blaise added. I didn't respond. Instead I continued eating.

——————————————-

The next morning while I was getting ready for the day Elio stood in the doorway of the bathroom.

"Everyone leave already?" I asked. He nodded his head.

"Do you know when try-outs are?" he asked hesitantly. I sent him a questioning glance, but he kept his gaze on the floor.

"I think Draco still has to set up a day and reserve the field."

He nodded in understanding then went to lay down in bed to wait. After a couple minutes we went down to breakfast.

We first got our schedule then went to join everyone.

"Your girlfriend is socializing with the enemy." Draco said when I sat down. He was glaring at the gryffindor table so when I turned around I saw Aurora with Potter, Granger, and Weasley. But she was specifically next to Potter.