thirty one

Theo's pov:

When Aurora left the room Elio started glaring at Draco. "What? I didn't do anything wrong." Draco said once he realized Elio had a murderous look on his face.

"I was trying to get along with her and be nice and you had to ruin the conversation." Elio said. We could all tell he was mad even though he didn't straight out say it. Draco just rolled his eyes and left the room.

Once Elio visibly calmed down and started rummaging through Aurora's belongings, Pansy spoke up, "I found out why Aurora was acting weird this morning."

We all looked at her surprised. "How?" Elio asked right away.

"I'm not going to tell you how and I'm also not going to tell you everything, but the important part is that she's not exactly happy with Draco."

"What do you mean?" Blaise asked with his eyebrows scrunched in confusion.

"Well... like I said, I'm not going to tell you-"

"You said you weren't going to tell us everything so just tell us this one thing." Elio said impatiently.

"No! She trusted to tell me. I'm not going to break her trust."

"I won't tell her I know." Elio said. "And neither will Blaise and Theo. Right guys?" He looked at the both of us and we nodded intently.

"I shouldn't have said anything, I'm sorry." Pansy said quickly.

"Pansy!" The three of us yelled in unison. Pansy looked down at the floor and took a deep breath before she looked back up at us.

"She might break up with him in a week." Right away Blaise started laughing. Pansy scowled at him. "What are you laughing about?" she asked angrily.

"No-thing." Blaise said in between laughs. I was incredibly confused and by the looks of it so was Elio and Pansy.

"Mate, are you okay?" I asked.

"Yeah, sorry." he was sitting up straight again and looked at us with a huge smile. "Sorry, it's just- they haven't even been together for three days and Draco has already managed to fuck it up." Blaise started laughing once again.

One by one the three of us started laughing again, finding the whole idea funny. When we were done with our laughing fit, Elio began annoying Pansy into telling him what Aurora had told her. As much as I wanted to know too, I admired how persistent Pansy was over keeping the conversation between herself and Aurora private.

"How did you manage to get her to talk to you about it anyways?" Blaise asked after a long hour of hearing Elio whine to Pansy.

Pansy looked unprepared for that question to be asked and right away she looked at me. It was only for a second though because she looked back at Blaise and said, "That doesn't matter."

"I saw that!" Elio said excitedly. "You know something, Theo." I shook my head and looked at Pansy in a confused manner. "Yes, you do." Elio pressed on.

"I saw it too, mate." Blaise said.

"I swear I don't know anything." I insisted. Blaise and Elio looked at me suspiciously, but before any of them could question me any further, Aurora walked in.

"Oh! I thought maybe you guys had gone back to your dorm." she said. She looked around the room and after seeing the door to the bathroom open wide with no light on inside she asked, "Did Draco leave?"

"Yeah." Pansy answered. Aurora let out a sigh of relief and closed the door behind her. She took off her robe and looked at all of us who were looking at her. I looked down at the textbook that was in my lap and pretended to read.

"Why are you guys staring at me?" she asked.

"Is Draco treating you alright?" Elio asked carefully, completely ignoring her question. I looked up at him, shocked that he had straight out asked her. I'm not sure why I was so shocked, I shouldn't be.

When I looked over to Aurora for an answer she said very quietly, "Yeah, fine."

"Are you sure?" Elio asked.

She nodded her head and changed the subject, "Here's some money." she said to Elio.

His eyes lit up and he took it from her. "This isn't going to shut me up from asking you about Draco." he said to Aurora.

"I don't expect it to." she said under her breath.

"Can we spend the night here?" Elio asked randomly.

"No." Aurora said at the same time Pansy said, "Sure."

"Sure." Aurora said after Elio stared at her weirdly. I think they have secret little looks that mean different things. Maybe it's a twin thing?

"I'm gonna go change then." Elio said as he got up to leave.

"Me too." Blaise followed along. "Do you want me to bring you clothes?" he asked me. I nodded my head and they left the room.

It was only Pansy, Aurora, and I in the room and I was getting bored with the useless textbook in my lap. I didn't even need it. Aurora was organizing everything on her desk that Elio had messed up while Pansy was sitting on her bed going through an essay she had written.

"Pansy?" I asked her. She hummed without looking up from her work. "Why do the guys think I know something?" I asked quietly.

"Oh, I told Aurora," she whispered. "About what happened during the summer."

"I- why?" I was taken back.

She shrugged her shoulders and said, "I don't know. I've been wanting to tell her. I thought this was a good chance to."

"Are you going to tell the guys?"

"What? Of course not." she said as if it was an obvious thing.

"He actually found my money." Aurora said all of a sudden. We turned our attention to her as she dropped a stack of parchment papers back on her desk. The door opened and in came Elio and Blaise. "You stole my money. Give it back." she told Elio.

He laughed and handed it to her. "I'm still keeping the money you gave me." he said. She rolled her eyes and put the money in her trunk.

"Draco isn't spending the night in here?" Pansy asked Blaise.

He threw me my clothes and said, "No." he began laughing and pointed at Elio. "They started arguing."

"It's not funny." Elio glared at Blaise.

"Why'd you guys argue?" Pansy asked.

"No reason." Elio said in a serious tone.

"Lighten up, mate." Blaise said. I looked at Aurora and she was looking at Elio curiously.

"You didn't exactly look mad when you walked in." she told Elio. He shrugged his shoulders and changed the subject. It's uncanny how alike the both of them are. I went to change in the bathroom and when I walked out everyone except Aurora were playing a muggle board game.

Two hours later everyone had gone to sleep. Elio shared a bed with Blaise this time and Aurora's curtains on her four poster bed were closed. I was staring at the ceiling, not being able to fall asleep.

I sat up and grabbed my school bag from beside the bed. My father had written to me telling me to go home for the easter holidays. I'm not sure why, but I really didn't want to find out. I was planning on just staying with Blaise, but once again my father has ruined my plans.

As I reread the letter again I realized I didn't have any extra parchment. I went to Pansy's desk, but she didn't have any unused ones. I went to Aurora's desk and she had a whole stack on the floor.

I went back to bed and used my wand for a source of light while I wrote my letter.

Father,

Of course. Will you be picking me up from the station?

Theodore

I folded up the parchment and got up to look for an envelope. Pansy, thankfully, had a couple. I put the letter in my bag and went to lay back down. Before I closed my curtains I looked over at Aurora's bed and I thought about what was actually going on with her and Draco.