forty eight

I was woken up the following morning by Elio at eight. "Everyone is already awake. Come on." he said.

When he left my room I took a couple minutes to actually get up and get ready for the day.

I was debating whether to actually tell everyone where I had gone last night and how those teenagers, whose names I don't even know, want to hang out with us.

When I got downstairs everyone except my mum and dad were in the living room talking. They didn't notice me so I quietly made my way to the kitchen.

My dad was cooking and he looked frustrated while my mum was talking to him. When they realized I walked in they stopped talking.

"Here." My mum gave me a book when I sat down next to her.

I read the title and looked at her. "Want me to give it to Elio?" I asked.

Right when my mum said "no", my dad said "yes" at the same time.

"You're going to learn to drive and if you read this you should be able to pass the written part of the test." my mum said, ignoring the look my dad was sending her.

I scanned the pages to see how much reading it is. "I think I can finish this and know the material in about two weeks." I said.

"Great! After breakfast we'll go-"

"She's not learning to drive!" my dad practically yelled.

"Don't yell at me." my mum snapped back at him.

I left the kitchen right away and left the book with my mum. I walked into the living room and everyone was staring at the doorway to the kitchen.

"Why are they arguing?" Elio asked. We could faintly hear them bickering at each other with the occasional raise of voices.

"Dad being an asshole." I responded simply. He rolled his eyes and got up to go to the kitchen. I sat down where he was sitting, which was right next to Blaise.

"Plans for today?" I asked.

"We're running out of things to do." Pansy said.

"Well... there are these people that asked to hang out." I said.

"Who?" Theo asked. He was sitting on the other side of Blaise and up until now, hadn't looked at me.

"I don't even know their names. I wasn't going to say anything 'cause one of the girls seemed... pushy? I don't really know, but-"

"When did you meet them?" Theo asked before I could finish speaking.

"Yesterday." I was planning on telling them I had met some people while leaving out the fact that I had snuck out. I already know Elio would be mad. No doubt would my parents also be.

"You were with us all day though." he said.

"Not at night." I said a little too accusingly.

"You snuck out?" Blaise asked.

"I wouldn't say that." I said.

"So what would you say then?" Theo asked. Getting a bit defensive, probably from my comment.

"Look, the point is I met a couple people. One of the girls started annoying me though, so I left. But three of them asked to go back today to hang out."

"Just you?" Draco asked.

"All of us. They first saw us when we had gone to the gas station earlier yesterday."

"Muggles?" Blaise asked. I nodded my head.

"I don't see why we shouldn't hang out with them." Pansy said.