sixteen

I ignored Hermione for two weeks. After a couple days she stopped trying to talk to me and I was grateful for that. I started studying with Cedric and his friends. Since they were older than me they already knew all the material I was learning so they were a great help.

I still hung out with Elio and our friends, but it wasn't as often as it used to be. And when the boys spent the night in our room Theo never did. He went out of his way to avoid me completely and it was more than obvious.

I was in the owlery sending a letter to my mum when Harry walked in. I also hadn't talked to Harry and Ron because they were always with Hermione. "Hi." he said.

"Hey." I said. I tried to leave, but he began speaking again.

"How have you been? We haven't hung out."

"I've been good, you?"

"Good." Neither of us said anything after that so I said goodbye, but he began talking again. "We all miss you. Hermione is really sorry."

"Please don't tell anyone."

"I won't. Ron won't either." said Harry. "Do you like him though?"

"Theo?"

"Yeah."

"Does it matter?"

"No I guess not, but why do you care so much if people find out?"

"I've hurt Theo enough, I don't think he would like it if people started asking questions."

"Hurt him how?"

I stayed quiet for a while. "I don't want to talk about it." I said. I started fidgeting with my rings and Harry noticed it.

"Well you should come back and eat with us. I'll talk to Ron and make sure he doesn't talk about what Hermione told us."

"Thanks, I'll think about it." I said then left.

I ended up eating dinner with them. Right when I sat down Hermione started to repeatedly apologize, but I told her to just stop talking about it. It went well and Ron didn't talk about Theo.

When I got to my dorm that night Pansy and the boys were there, including Theo. Right when I walked in I felt the atmosphere tense. Everyone was looking at Theo, who was on the floor next to the bed he usually sleeps on.

When they heard me they all looked at me. I looked at Theo and realized he had all the bottles I had taken from the boys room on the bed. I was about to say something, but when I looked at Blaise he shook his head at me as if to silence me.

"That was me." said Blaise. "I brought them in here so you wouldn't be tempted."

"Tempted?" asked Theo.

"So you wouldn't want to drink." Theo rolled his eyes and got up and headed towards the door. I moved out of the way and he didn't spare me a glance. Blaise followed after him and they both never returned that night.

-------------------------------------------

We were now on the train ride home for the holidays. We were sitting in the exact same compartment we were in when we came to Hogwarts. I spent most of the train ride asleep against Elio's shoulder.

I woke up to Elio shaking me awake. "We're here." he said. We grabbed our bags and got off the train with our friends.

Draco and Pansy went towards their parents while Blaise and Theo went towards a woman who I guessed to be Blaise's mum.

I followed Elio and he was going towards Draco. "Mother, father, this is Elio and Rory." Draco introduced us to his parents. His mum introduced herself and hugged us while his dad gave a simple head nod with an expressionless face.