thirty three

For the rest of the month it was a routine. Classes, homework, sleep, then repeat. I couldn't wait to go back home. The boys didn't have practice anymore so I hung out with them a lot more often.

The twins invited me to go with them to the burrow, but I actually was looking forward to teaching Elio how to ride a broom so I declined their offer. They tried making me feel sad into going with them by reminding me repeatedly that it was their last year here at Hogwarts. It was starting to work, but Elio had invited our friends to stay with us for the break so I didn't want to leave them to my room without me there.

Right now I was leaving the hufflepuff common room and going to Elio's dorm. When I knocked I heard Blaise say "come in". When I opened the door it smelled of weed.

"Do you guys ever stop smoking?" I asked.

"Of course not." Draco said as he let out a long breath of smoke. I rolled my eyes and sat down next to him so he'd give it to me once he was done.

He gave me the joint a couple seconds later and Elio asked me, "Where were you?"

"With Cedric, why?"

"Got a new boyfriend yet?" he asked. I glared at him and gave the joint to Blaise.

"Never again." I said.

"Isn't that what you said before me?" asked Draco. He began smirking and I glared at him too.

"Can we officially start making fun of you guys?" Blaise asked as he began laughing.

"I thought you guys already did start?"

"Not officially." Pansy pointed out. I rolled my eyes and looked at Draco to see what he had to say.

He looked at me then at everyone else. "I say go for it." Draco said.

"They're going to make fun of you too. You know that, right?" I said under my breath.

"For once, I don't care." he said as he got a bottle of firewhiskey out from under his bed.

Ever since that one night that Theo and I got drunk and he kissed me I don't think he has drank again. I'm rarely in the boys dorm nowadays so I don't know how they are with alcohol in here. Theo has seemed somewhat alright.

It was obvious how bad he was feeling when I had gotten with Draco, it was in his appearance, really, but afterwards he seemed to have been okay. He began getting letters at the breakfast table and every time, it brought his mood down.

He won't really talk about it. He'll just say "it's my father" and refuse to talk anymore on the topic.

It was Friday night and we were leaving home tomorrow morning. I hadn't started packing yet, but I only needed a backpack worth of clothes.

"So, are we going to properly meet your guys' father?" Blaise asked.

I began spacing off while staring at the floor. I've learned to just tune people out whenever I don't want to listen and it's very useful.

After a while Draco began waving his hand in front of my face. I looked at him and he gave me an innocent smile. I looked away and at Elio who was already looking at me.

"You're not running away again like you did last time we were home, right?" he asked.

Draco began choking on some smoke. I patted his back and gave him a strange look. "You okay?" I asked.

"You ran away?!" he asked, surprised.

"No-"

"Yes you did." Elio said.