sixty three

For the rest of the week I refused to leave my room. Elio tried getting me the notes and homework for every class I was missing, but he himself had stopped going to the classes he had with Theo.

"We'll get the notes from Blaise." I suggested on a Friday afternoon.

"I don't want to talk to Blaise." Elio refused.

"Why?" I asked.

"He was keeping all of Theo's secrets." I rolled my eyes at him.

"They're our best friends, Elio." I smiled at him. "Blaise is in the clear. We trust him." I reassured him. Talking about Blaise is making me realize that I haven't talked to him. Not since he left me alone with Theo.

"I'm not asking him." He's the most stubborn person I know.

"What time is it?" I asked. He looked at the clock on my desk. "Five. Why?"

"Hermione should be in the library. We have some of the same classes."

"You're going out?" he asked, surprised.

"Yeah. You should too." he looked at me as I walked to the bathroom to get changed. "Let's meet up at dinner, so I can give you anything Hermione gives me." I said as I walked back out of the bathroom.

"Do you want me to walk you?" Elio asked.

"If you want, but I think I'll be fine." Elio still looked hesitant, so I smiled at him to let him know I truly was fine. Honestly, I think skipping classes was an idiotic thing to do and I let my emotions get the best of me.

On my way out of the room I grabbed the satchel that I hadn't picked up since the last time I had attended any classes.

"Aurora!" As I was passing through the common room I tried not to look around at everyone and instead head straight to the exit, but I was spotted.

I slowed my steps and looked at Draco. He was seated with a fifth year, I think, and he stood up once he saw me.

"Hey." I said a bit quietly as I made my way over to them.

"How have you been?" He looked like he was thinking of hugging me, but went against it when he saw I was hesitant to even speak to him.

"Fine." I looked behind him towards the girl he was with. She gave me a small smile, but seemed like she didn't really want me around. "Do you have anything I missed from potions?" I asked.

"Yeah. Everything is in my dorm though." he said.

"Can you just, when you have the time, drop it off in my room? I'll get to it when I can." I tried leaving, but he stopped me.

"Wait!" I turned back around and looked at him expectantly. "We should hang out." I looked at him weirdly.

"We never hang out." I point out.

"Yes we do."

"No we don't."

"But we do."

"Draco-"

"Let's just all hang out." I waited for him to finish talking. "Me, you, Blaise, Elio, and Pansy."

"No Theo?" I asked.

"Is there a choice?" I shook my head. I looked behind him at the girl he had been with and he noticed. He went and stood next to her as he turned back to me. "Aurora, this is Astoria. Astoria, Aurora." She gave me an unsure smile. Draco turned to Astoria, "Aurora is who I was telling you about. Remember?"

Recognition appeared on her face. "Oh yes! The one who was with Theo." The small smile that was on my face before completely fell away.

"I would appreciate it if you didn't go telling everyone my business." I snapped at Draco. I walked away and out of the common room on my search for either Hermione or Harry.