twenty seven

We sat down next to Elio and he looked pissed. I looked at everyone else and Pansy's eyes were wide and she had her mouth hanging slightly open. Blaise was looking at Theo and when I looked at Theo his face was blank.

I had completely forgotten what Theo would think. How hurt he'd be. When he realized I was looking at him worriedly he smiled.

"Either of you want to explain?" asked Elio. I looked at Draco and he grabbed my hand underneath the table and gave it a reassuring squeeze.

"We're together now." Draco said confidently. I was looking at Theo, but he was just looking at his food.

"Are you just acting out Rory? Are you just mad at me so you decide to get with one of my friends?"

"What- no, of course not. I'm not mad at you." I shook my head.

"I asked her to be my girlfriend. Not the other way around." Draco told Elio.

Elio was shaking his head in disbelief then looked at Theo then back at me.

"How?" asked Blaise.

"I just asked her." Draco said as he began getting food. I did too, but I didn't feel like eating anymore so I pushed my plate away.

"And why'd you say yes?" Blaise asked me sharply.

"Why don't you just shut up now mate?" Draco asked in the same tone. They had a little staring contest until Blaise scoffed.

"What's your problem? You know Theo likes her."

"She made it obvious she didn't fancy him, so I took my chance. Don't get pissed because I did what I wanted for once." He was mad now.

I looked down at my hands that were on my lap. Draco had let go of my hand when he started getting food so I started fidgeting with my rings. Blaise and Draco were arguing now and I hated how they talked about me as if I wasn't there.

I got up and grabbed my satchel I had put down on the floor. Draco grabbed my arm to stop me from walking away. "Where are you going?"

"I want to go talk to someone." I smiled a bit and walked away before he could answer me. I went towards the gryffindor table, but before I could reach the person I was intending to go talk to Fred grabbed me by my waist and started ruffling my hair.

I swatted his hands away and tried to fix my hair. "Georgie, our little sister is growing up." George was smiling and tried to ruffle my hair too.

"What are you talking about?" I asked, irritated that they had completely ruined my hair. I began walking out of the great hall to go to the bathroom to fix it. The twins followed me. I ended up going to Myrtle's bathroom so they could walk in with me.

"We heard you're dating Malfoy." said George. I turned around abruptly and they started laughing.

"I think my friends are mad." I said once I controlled my blushing and they controlled their laughter.

"Why?"

"When I left Blaise and Draco were arguing. I hadn't thought of Theo." I was kicking little pebbles that were on the floor.

"Theo still likes you?"

"Apparently. Are you guys mad?"

"Why would you think that?"

"You guys hate him- oh my... Ron, Harry, and Hermione hate him. They'll be mad at me." I started freaking out a bit.

"Ron will definitely make you feel terrible about it, but it'll be okay." George assured me.