fifty seven

Aurora's pov:

"So, where's your boyfriend?" I look up at Ezra to see him looking at the cigarette in between his fingers.

"Where's your girlfriend?" I asked back.

"If only I had one I would know."

"Do you have weed?" I asked.

"You never answered my question." he said as he reached into his backpack for a joint and lighter.

"He hasn't written to me. So how should I know?"

"Telephones exist."

"He has no telephone." I said. "Where is everyone?" I changed the subject.

"You're amazing at changing subjects." he chuckled at my annoyed expression. "Max and Amelia are busy with family and school stuff."

"And Elsie and Leo?" I asked.

"They said family stuff, but they can't keep anything subtle." I had a questioning look on my face, so he continued, "They're together, my guess is somewhere in the city, but definitely together."

"I would've never guessed."

"Where is Elio and Blaise today?" Ezra asked.

"Probably still sleeping. They were hung over after last night." Ezra laughed and shook his head in amusement.

"How aren't you hung over?" he asked me. I shrugged my shoulders. "When are you going back to school?"

"Tomorrow."

"When are you coming back?"

"Sometime in June." I exhaled a long breath of smoke. "Why are you asking?"

"Just want to know when the next time I'll see you will be."

I looked at Ezra with a curious expression.

"As much fun as this has been, I should go." I handed him the joint as I opened the door from his car we were in.

"I can give you a ride home." he suggested.

"I would love that, but I don't need Elio knowing where I was."

"Isn't he supposed to be sleeping?" he asked like the smartass he is.

"I'm leaving." I said as I shut the door from his car and began walking away.

"See you in June!" Ezra called out to me as his final goodbye.

—-----------------------

The first thing I heard when I walked into the house were the babies. I walked to the living room where the noise was coming from and looked at Blaise pushing them lightly on their swings.

"Where's my mum?" I asked. He turned his head at my voice and gestured towards the kitchen.

"Where were you this morning?" he asked.

I sat down next to Blaise on the ground and took off my sweater. "I went to go see the group, but only Ezra showed up, so I came back."

He raised his eyebrows. "Why didn't you stay with him?"

"I did. Just not as long as I usually would have if everyone was there."

There was a silence between us before Blaise reached towards the coffee table. "Theo wrote to me. I thought you should read it as well." he held out his hand with the letter. I took it from him, but didn't open it.

"He hasn't written to me." I pointed out. I looked up at him and back down at the letter. "I don't think I should read something that wasn't meant for me." I said uneasily.