forty three

For the next month and a half I couldn't find a good time to tell Elio about Theo and I. Theo told me that it was fine, but I knew it wasn't. Theo was getting annoyed with me and I couldn't blame him. The school year was almost over and I still hadn't told Elio.

It was Saturday today and I was walking around the castle corridors. I was determined to tell Elio today so I headed to the dorms to check if he was in there. When I walked in, only Blaise was in there.

"Who are you looking for?" he asked when I opened the door.

"Elio." I closed the door behind me and went to look at which class he was doing homework for. "Do you know where he's at?" I asked.

"Are you finally going to tell him about you and Theo?"

"Yeah, actually."

"Don't say something you don't mean."

"Do you know where he's at?" I asked. Maybe Blaise's doubt will be my motivation to go through with it this time.

"Draco and Theo went out to keep helping him fly."

"Oh." I said as I sat down on the bed next to Blaise's.

"Aren't you going?" He raised his eyebrows at me expectedly.

"I don't want to tell Elio with Theo there."

"Just tell Theo I'm asking for him." I nodded my head hesitantly and left the room.

The three of them were on the quidditch field and when I got there I saw that Elio was actually pretty good. We had never gotten a chance to buy a broom when we had gone home during April and I guess Elio wanted to stop waiting and asked our friends for help.

"What are you doing here?" Draco asked me.

Theo and Elio's backs were turned to me so they turned around when Draco asked that. "Blaise is asking for you, Theo."

"For what?"

"Don't know. He's in your guys' dorm." Theo left and then Draco wanted to leave too.

"Can we take a break? At least until Theo comes back." he asked. Elio agreed so Draco left and Elio went on his way to put away the broom. I stayed with Elio and we walked in silence.

On our way to the slytherin common room Elio broke the silence. "Why are you nervous?"

"Why do you say I am?" I asked.

"You always fidget with your rings." He gestured to my hands. I stopped right away and looked away from Elio.

"Theo says that too. I don't really understand it." There was nothing else to say about that so Elio didn't respond. "Speaking of Theo, I want to tell you something."

"Something about Theo?"

"Do you remember towards the beginning of the year when you said you wouldn't care if he and I got together?" I asked hesitantly. He nodded his head slowly looking at the ground then his eyes widened and he looked back up at me.

"Don't tell me you guys are actually..."

"Well do you still feel the same?" I asked hopefully. I think it was clear in my face because it looked like he was about to open his mouth to start arguing, but soon shut it.

"I don't control you, Aurora."

"You try to all the time." I argued.

"I've only ever wanted to protect you." We were outside of the common room and when Elio said the password he started walking towards the stairs that led to the boys dorms.