nineteen

When I finished getting ready I went into the kitchen to see what we had to make. Elio came in after me and asked about going out to eat breakfast.

"Do we even have enough money for that?" I asked.

"I don't know. Check if we have pancake mix." he pointed to the cupboard next to me. I grabbed two unopened bags and tossed them onto the counter because they were so heavy.

"How long do you think it'll take you to make them?" he asked while walking out of the kitchen.

"Help me!" I yelled at him. I took out measuring cups and the ingredients. A couple minutes later Blaise walked in and asked if I needed any help. "Do you know how to cook?" I asked.

He scoffed and said, "Of course I do."

"Okay. Mix these," I gave him some ingredients, "and when you're done give it to me."

"What do I mix them with?" he asked, looking completely confused.

"A whisk." At that moment Theo walked in so he was watching our conversation.

"What's that?" Blaise asked.

"Move." He was blocking the drawer that the whisk was in. The kitchen is really small so he moved over to the sink. I rummaged through the drawer looking for the whisk and when I found it I gave it to him.

He went to an empty space on the counter next to Theo and began breaking the eggs. I turned my back to them to get the stove ready.

"Um, I don't think you're doing that right mate" said Theo. I turned around and Theo was trying to hold back a laugh while Blaise was getting the eggs everywhere except the bowl I gave him to mix everything in.

"I give up." Blaise said as he walked out of the kitchen. I rolled my eyes and began cleaning up the mess he made.

"Do you know how to mix ingredients properly?" I asked Theo.

"Of course. I make the best cookies." he said proudly.

I laughed and said, "Okayyy." unsure if he actually had any experience baking. I gave him new eggs and he began doing everything without me telling him the measurements. "How do you know how to do this? Aren't you rich and have house elves to do this for you?"

"Yeah, but I get bored in that big house so I ended up learning how to make some stuff. Of course I'm not allowed to make dinner, but making little things throughout the day is fun."

"Fun?" I asked. "I hate it." I grabbed the mixing bowl and began cooking the pancakes.

"When you go to Malfoy's house I'll teach you how to make it fun."

"You," I said, pointing the spatula at Theo, "call Draco, Malfoy?"

He laughed and said, "It's like how everyone calls you Rory and other times we call you Aurora."

"I'll never understand the last name thing." I said as I playfully rolled my eyes.

"I'll never expect you to." he said smiling.

When I was finished Theo helped me take everything to the dining room table. Everyone was in the living room so I called them over to start eating. "Did you help Theo?" asked Pansy.

"Kinda. I did what Blaise couldn't do."

"Shut it." said Blaise playfully.

We began eating and halfway we heard a bang on the window in the living room. Elio got up to go look and when he came back he had a letter in his hand. "Stupid owl hit the window." said Elio as he handed me the letter.