30. Freezer Talk

Post Date: 01.12.21

Word count: 3.1k

Based off: 04x11″Catch Me If You Can"

--------------------

"No way. I'm not doing this," Jeremy protests.

"What makes you think you have a choice?" Klaus questions back.

"You have to kill vampires to complete the hunter's mark. Mark equals cure. You're in a bar full of almost vampires, so get your hunt on," Damon says, even though we all knew that.

"Screw you. You said I wouldn't have to kill any innocent people," Jeremy says.

"Jeremy, they're not people," Damon says as I roll my eyes.

"Enough! Have at it, or else," Klaus says.

"I don't take orders from you, dick. Hunter's can't be compelled," Jeremy says and drops the stake in his hands.

"You're right. I can't compel you. But if your conscience is getting in the way, then allow me to make this easy for you because I can compel them. I'm gonna give you a two-minute head start. Then I'm gonna send every vampire in here after you. You kill them, or they kill your friend...Matt," Klaus says.

"Wait a second," Matt says.

"No, no. You turn them, he kills them. That was the deal, Klaus," Damon says.

"I'm taking artistic license," Klaus responds.

"You know he can't take them all on at the same time," Damon comments.

"With you as his coach, he'll be fine. It's Matt I'm worried about," Klaus says.

"Jeremy, go get the weapons out of the car. I'll be right behind you. Both of you," He says to Jeremy and Matt.

"If I hear an engine start, I'll kill Matt myself!" Klaus yells to the boys. Damon gives a few choice words to Klaus before bringing me outside to find Matt and Jeremy. Damon and I rushed through the woods and find Matt and Jeremy.

"Don't hesitate. You're lucky it was us otherwise, you two would be dead," Damon tells Jeremy.

"You set us up," Jeremy says taking the crossbow back from Damon.

"I was trying to get this thing over with. You're the one that pissed off Klaus. Now you have to fight your way out of it," Damon protests.

"Where are the other vampires?" Matt asks.

"They're newbies. They're still trying to figure out how to track. Which means you have two seconds to get ready to fight," I tell them.

"The Lake house is this way. If we can get there, they won't be able to get inside," Jeremy tells Matt.

"Wait. You want to run?" Damon asks.

"They're gonna kill Matt," Jeremy says.

"Fine. Get out of here. Athena and I will slow them down," Damon says before the two boys rush off. As soon as the boys are gone, you and Damon hear a newbie. As he makes his way up to you two, Damon shoves his hand into the mans chest, pulling his heart out.

"Can't you talk to your psycho boyfriend and have him call this off?" Damon asks.

"He's not my boyfriend," I say as I kill another newbie.

"Well he's something and maybe if you talk to him--" Damon says.

"Nope, not gonna happen," I respond as we head through the forest.