12. The Necklace

Post Date: 07.14.20

Word count: 1.6k

Based off: 03x04 "Disturbing Behavior"

----------------------------------------------------

After Rebekah had seemingly looked everywhere for her necklace and for it to be found nowhere. We all head back to the condo that Klaus had rented out. The next morning I'm woken up by Klaus.

"Morning, love," Klaus says sitting on my bed as I roll over groggily.

"What are you doing in my bed?!" I ask jumping up.

"Relax. Rebekah wants to go shopping for some era-appropriate clothing," Klaus says still sitting on my bed.

"Is there ever any day where I don't have to follow you around?" I ask sitting up.

"Are you still keeping that promise?" Klaus asks.

"Ugh," I get up and start to rustle through my clothes in the dresser. "Ummm... could I have a bit of privacy?" I ask annoyed.

"I mean its nothing I haven't seen already, love. But sure. We're leaving in 10," Klaus explains before heading out of my room.

After I finish getting ready we head out into the city. We spend the next few hours looking around some shops but clearly at nothing Rebekah liked. One of the last shops we visited was clearly out of my league considering they were serving champagne.

"There has to be more to this dress," Rebekah says from the dressing room.

"There's not," Klaus responds.

"So women in the 21st-century dress like prostitutes, then. You know I got dirty looks for wearing trousers," Rebakah states.

"You wore trousers so women toady could wear nothing," Klaus says.

"Klaus. Rebekah, you look amazing," I compliment her.

"And what is this music? It sounds like a cable car accident." Rebekah disregards your compliment.

"It's dance music," Stefan explains.

"You would dance to this?" She asks Stefan.

"Are we done?" Klaus asks his sister clearly impatient.

"And why are you so grumpy?" Rebekah asks making her way over to him.

"Because you're taking up all of his precious time," I state.

"I needed one thing from you for my witch to find out why my hybrids are dying, one thing. You're necklace and you lost it." Klaus explains.

"I didn't lose it. It's just been missing for 90 years. So what do you think?" She asks making a small twirl.

"I like it," Stefan responds and only gets an annoyed look from Rebekah. "What? I said I like it." Stefan restates.

"I can always tell when you're lying, Stefan," Rebekah states walking back into the dressing room. Stefan looks at Klaus and I confused.

"Nice one, good work," Klaus says clearly annoyed that this trip is gonna take longer.

"You're the one that pulled the dagger out of her," Stefan states as Rebekah states that she heard him.

"Well, I for one. Am grateful another woman will be here. I'm sick of all the testosterone," I point out my opinion.

"All right. I'm going to get some fresh air," Stefan says standing up.

You and Klaus sit in silence for a while until Rebekah comes out in another dress, "Ok, that one is cute," I tell her.

"I am kind of feeling this one," She responds. We wait a bit longer as Rebekah continues to try dresses on. She clearly didn't find anything she liked so we made our way to another store, where she found some clothes she'd wear. We all, except Stefan, who seemingly disappeared, made our way back to Gloria's bar.