21. Torn Heart

Post Date: 10.05.20

Word count: 3.6k

Based off: 03x21 "Before Sunset"

--------------------

After a night of not much sleep, I quickly got up to help Caroline clean up after the dance. I make my way into the cafeteria where Rebekah is, with Caroline not too far behind me.

"Where's Matt?" Caroline asks.

"He bailed. Got called into work at the last minute," Rebekah responds while putting trash in a bin.

"Are you kidding me? So it's just us three?" Caroline asks.

"Yes, and you two are late. Clean-up committee started at 8:00," Rebekah responds annoyed.

"It's like 8:02," I say looking at my phone.

"Exactly. I managed to turn up on time and I didn't even get to attend the dance that I organized," Rebekah says before dumping the trash in a bigger bin.

"I'm sorry about your mom. I mean, I know you, like, hated her and everything, but still. I'm sorry," Caroline says.

"Sorry about your teacher. He seemed like a nice guy," Rebekah says.

"Yeh, he was," I respond.

"I'm going to get started on the gym," Rebekah says before walking out. Not a moment later Caroline and I hear a slam against some lockers in the hallway as Rebekah screams. The two of us didn't hesitate to rush out to the hall. We see a very much "alive" Alaric ready to stab Rebekah with a white oak stake. Caroline and I shove Alaric off of her and against the lockers.

Rebekah quickly shoves the stake into Alaric's chest. But he just pulls it right out of his chest. The three of us speed away before we could watch what happens next. I run to the side of the school where the stoners hang out. The next thing I know my neck is snapped.

I wake up and find myself in Alaric's classroom, in a chair with pencils in my hands, pinning them to the desk. Alaric doesn't hesitate one moment once I woke up to put a vervain and wolfsbane soaked cloth around my mouth. He then makes a call, to whom I'm sure is someone he'd think would save me.

"Whoever this is, it's not funny," I hear Elena's voice over the phone.

"Who else would it be?" Alaric questions back.

"Ric?" She questions back.

"Listen closely. I'm at the school. I have Athena. And if you want to keep her alive, I need you to get into your car and come down here right away. If you tell anyone where you are going, I will kill her," Alaric threatens before hanging up.

A few minutes later Elena arrives in Alaric's classroom, "Athena! Let her go, Alaric," She demands.

"Free her yourself," Alaric gestures to me.

Elena slowly makes her way to me and stays as far as she could from Alaric. She starts to pull the pencil out of my right hand before Alaric quickly shoves it back in. Leading me to let out an excruciating scream.

"You said that you would let her go!" Elena yells at Alaric.

"How many times do I have to tell you, Elena? Stop trusting vampires!" Alaric yells at Elena.

~ Elena's House ~

Klaus is stalking the outside of Elena's house as Stefan, Damon, Bonnie, and Jeremy were stuck inside. He walks over to a neighboring house and contemplates his next move. Once he figures it out he makes his way back to Elena's house. Throwing a soccer ball through the front door, blowing it open. The next thing he threw was a fence post at Damon, who ducked below it.