01. New Beginnings

Post Date: 02.26.20

Word count: 4.7K

Based off: 02x06 "Plan B"

----------------------------------------------------

I walked into my old childhood home, not expecting it to be fully furnished. I spent time looking around, gathering items from my family that I wanted to keep, and finally getting a moving company to get rid of the old furniture. Once everything was gone, I went into town to apply for a job and find some new furniture. I walked into a restaurant called the Mystic Grill.

"Hi, I was wondering if you guys were hiring," I said to a blonde-haired guy as I walked in.

"I'm not sure but, I can grab an application for you to fill out and pass it on to my manager," The blonde guy says and walks to the back. He returns with an application and a pen. I fill out the application and hand it back to the male.

"I'm Matt Donovan, nice to meet you."

"Athena Dumont, nice to meet you too," I say as I shake his hand.

"Wait as in the founding family Dumont?" He questions.

"Yeh, just moved back in today actually," I responded back.

"Welcome back to Mystic Falls, see you around," He smiles and goes back to work.

I continue to walk around the town looking for furniture to replace the old. After walking out of the last store I hear a familiar voice coming from behind me.

"What-a-surprise, Athena. Never thought I'd see you here in Mystic Falls." The familiar voice says.

"Damon," I turn around and give a fake smile. "And why would that be?" I question back.

"I mean this is Mystic Falls, a small town, nobody comes here." He says scoffing.

"Well, I thought it'd be nice for me to finally settle into my roots as a founding family," I responded.

"You come from a founding family here!?" He questions not believing me.

"Yes, I'm a Dumont. Might not be a name you hear often considering my family and I moved away about 12 years ago with my parents."

"Wow, I was not expecting that. Well, I guess we should play catch up then," Damon says, smirking and walking up next to me putting his arm around my shoulders before I push it off. But he just puts his arm back around my shoulders. We somehow ended up at his house and catching up with each other since it had been about two years since we met each other.

"I finally learned about the supernatural world... So two years ago, the whole thing about you being a vampire was true, but I didn't believe it huh," I say to Damon as we're sitting on the couch in the grand room.

"Well sorta. I drank your blood, fed you mine, then compelled you to forget," Damon explained loosely.

"So basically I was your personal blood bag," I said, fake smiling at Damon as he nodded. "Well, I bite now so I wouldn't try anything if I were you."

"Huh?" Damon looks at me confused before we hear a knock at the door.

Damon gets up from the couch and opens the door. I follow closely behind. When he opens the door I see a tall brown-haired guy standing in the doorway for a brief second before Damon blocks my view.

"I need to talk to you" I hear the guy say.

"And why do I need to talk to you?" Damon responds and I roll my eyes at his dickishness, as he tries to close the door on the other guy.