42. Backstabbers

Post Date: 06.08.21

Word count: 2.2k

Based off: 01x07 "Bloodletting"

--------------------

We heard about a little fight night that Marcel was holding for his nightwalkers. So Elijah and Klaus decided they would go there to get Haley back.

"I'm coming," I demand.

"Not happening, out of the question! You're staying here," Klaus says.

"Haley was taken on my watch. I'm going with you guys, whether you like it or not," I respond.

"I have to agree with Niklaus. You're staying," Elijah says.

"Thank you!" Klaus says.

"Look. I get that you guys want to protect me. I get that you don't want to lose me again, you guys won't stop saying that. But Nik you promised you wouldn't fight with me if I want to do something. And this is something I want to do. I want to save Haley," I say. Klaus looks at me like he was hoping I wouldn't bring that up, but I did.

"Fine. But if things go south, you're getting out of there," Klaus agrees.

"Deal now let's go before it ends," I say walking out of the house. We head towards the quarter, just as a woman had defeated one of the men in the group Klaus had quickly gone in and snapped her neck, silencing the crowd.

"Good evening, I'd like a word," Klaus says to Marcel, who is standing on the balcony above.

"What do you think you're doing?" Marcel asks.

"It appears that we've interrupted a collection of filthy amateurs," Elijah says walking through the crowd with me.

"We've come here for the girl," I say.

"Give her to us, or... we kill everyone here. Starting with you," Elijah adds.

"You three got a lot of nerve coming into my home and making demands," Marcel says.

"You're home, is it?" Klaus says.

"The girl. I will not ask again," Elijah says.

"I assume you're talking about Haley--yay high, dark hair, bitchy attitude. Who is she, anyway?" Marcel asks.

"She's an old friend. You know how sentimental I am about old friends," Klaus responds.

"Well, I ain't got her, and before you start whining, I did pay her a little visit earlier tonight. I was feeling nostalgic. So I took a trip out to the plantation where I used to be a slave, and imagine my surprise when I realized that the Original family of vampires had taken up residence. Your girl Haley answered the door. We exchanged hellos. That was it. You don't believe me, look around. Hell, I'll even help you find her, but the question I'd ask is, if Haley isn't here, then where is she?" Marcel says.

"Not the most attractive community, are they?" Elijah says after everything had seemed to calm down.

"You do realize they can hear you," I say.

"You do realize I don't care," Elijah says picking his glass up.

"You know, Elijah, I liked you better in that box. But, Klaus, my sire, you I owe the world and I always show respect to my elders. If your...other special lady friend is missing, you can benefit from the help of a witch, and since I control all the witches in this town, I'll grant you, one little locator spell," Marcel says as Sabine is dragged in. "Sabine is the best guide in the quarter. You need to find someone, I guarantee she's your girl," Marcel says and starts to walk away.